1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trouble Transcoding certain dvds

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by arjmike, Feb 17, 2003.

1. arjmike

arjmike Member

When I tryed to scale down certain dvd mpeg files with Rempeg (the Others dvd), I get a distortion the outcome is blurry and have a wave running through it, has anyone else run into this problem and if so .. is there any way to get around it? I have tryed changing match source to progressive but it didnt help.

2. memcco

memcco Regular member

i've tried a new software called dvd2one. www.dvd2one.com its small (about 93 kbs), very fast, and works great...$44 us dollars. you use dvdcryptor and copy only the movie. then dvd2one. it'll compress it to 1 dvd for you in about 30 minutes. and it's a geat copy. mike

3. seamonkey

seamonkey Regular member

what studio made the movie?

cuz warner bros movies will do that, to solve the problem, you just need to strip the VOB ID that the WB logo/trailer is (usually first VOB ID or last VOB ID). i guess it has a different bitrate than the rest of the movie and makes rempeg do that distortion thing.. also, if your movie has multiple angles, just keep the angle1 when you are stripping the extras and stuff.

peace
    seamonkey420

4. Paratwa

Paratwa Guest

I agree with seamonkey. Usually it's a logo movie of few seconds that produces that problem with Rempeg2 and usually desyncs audio.

With DVDDecrypter you can choose from which ID to start the ripping (in this way skipping the unnecessary and nasty logo part). Also the angle issue is important. I have set up DvdDecrypter to rip always the 1st angle only.
    If you tried to copy The Matrix you know why ;)