1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trouble trying to copy Layer Cake

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by martynh, Apr 8, 2005.

1. martynh

martynh Guest

I am trying to copy Layer Cake
    I have tried Nero Recode with AnyDvd no joy tried DVDShrink 3.2 no joy tried Smartripper no joy each the process start the freezes Has anyone got any ideas.

2. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

pls do some searching in the search box at top of screen; and download (free) dvd decrypter. latest version 3.5.4.0 will do this film with ease as did maybe 2 versions before it..

3. martynh

martynh Guest

Thanks Creaky B will try that

4. creaky

you're welcome; it's all here to find, these are very active forums :)

5. bazzard

bazzard Member

Hi, how do you use DVD Decryptor to copy Layer Cake to a 4.7gb DVD-R, beacuse I thought you could only rip DVD's that are 4.36gb or less with DVD Decryptor. I am unfamiliar with this program!

6. creaky

First, you need latest version of decrypter - 3.5.4.0. You can do various things with Decrypter. I myself only use it when i have a film that Shrink can't handle. So i personally use decrypter to either drag ALL files off dvd, or main movie files onto hard disc. Doesn't matter how big the film is. From the hard disc files i just grabbed off, you then use Shrink as per normal. I personally use just Shrink for all my movies, and only use decrypter if there's a funny new protection on a film. decrypter is up to date re encryptions at the moment (which is cool especially since it's free), otherwise i'd buy anydvd which would be kept up to date frequently as it's a paid for product.

If you need more help or other guides - http://home.comcast.net/~bbmayo/index.html

7. bazzard

bazzard Member

Right, I want to make an exact copy of the Layer Cake dvd, ie, I want all the menus and extras and everything. DVD X Copy and DVD Shrink won't do it with this disk for some reason. Is it possible with DVD Decrypter? I was thinking that I could rip "ALL" the files using decrypter then open the files in DVD Shrink, will that give me all the menus and stuff, or will that only give me the video files only and not the menus? Is the only way to do this in Shrink by re-authoring the files? Or can you do it by clicking "Open Files"? I want an exact copy of the dvd remember.

8. creaky

you're probably going to lose a hell of a lot of quality - if you're fitting it all on a 4.7gb disc anyway.. Try it with decrypter (to get past the arccos protection). get decrypter (in file mode) to pull all files to hard drive, then open Shrink, select 'full disk' and see what compression ratio is on the main movie... you can but try..... only burn to dvd if you're happy with the ratio & quality by previewing the output from Shrink full disk process...

9. Noqoilpi

Noqoilpi Regular member

10. bazzard

bazzard Member

Cheers guys, will give it a try. I never lose any noticable quality usually when ripping the complete dvd. What do you do if you want to back up a complete dvd with menus, that goes over the burnable size in DVD Shrink. There are no audio or extra movie files I can miss out? If I rip all in Decrypter then open the files in shrink will that work?

11. nofaith

nofaith Member

[bold]ive ripped layer cake with dvd decrypter and the 2nd half of the movie doesnt play properly. Does any one know why this is? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks![bold]

12. arniebear

arniebear Active member

If your movie skips, freezes or has pixellation it probably because you used sub quality media, try using another brand such as Taiyo Yuden, Maxell, Verbatim. Make sure your dvd burner firmware is up to date.