1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

trouble w/ alcohol 120%

Discussion in 'PS2' started by fenderboy, Feb 19, 2004.

1. fenderboy

fenderboy Guest

i have been getting the game loaded onto the hard drive but i seem to be having trouble when i get to the page where i am supposed to load it to the dvdr. if u know what im doing wrong or to please tell me what you did to copy your games. thanks

2. Cachorrao

Cachorrao Member

I just do a 1 to 1 copy of the disk. Use Copy wizard and have it directly burn it to the disk.

3. roryoss

roryoss Member

im new to this and using the Alcohol 120 trial version ,ive tried 2 games one with safe 2.4 and one with 3.4 do i choose the datatype as safeDisc 2/3 does this cover both!! when the dump starts it is so slow it seems it would take hours to complete and there many error messages showing up !! using a athlon 64 with a nec dvd_rw nd2500A 40x and sony dvd/cd at 40x it seems too slow even when i try to burn directly without the dump !! any advice on the errors or speed or if it will even work would be appreciated!! Thanx

4. roryoss

roryoss Member

went to device manager and opened up the properties for sony dvd ddu 1621 and nec dvd_rw nd2500A and it showed regions should i one was region one but i could choose a country do i need to do that also no country was selected it also shows only a limited number of changes possible //any advice on if this could be my problem????????

5. Cachorrao

Cachorrao Member

Not sure about your speed problem. It works pretty fast for me and I'm not working on a very fast computer either. Your problem smay be becasue it's the trial version. I've never used the trial version but with other programs they don't let you do everything you can with the full version.

The region thing shouldn't be a problem. Unless it tells you you have the wrong region I don' thtink that's it. YOu only get 4 changes and then the region gets locked on your burner so be carful with that. There are programs you can use to get around that. Really though that shouldn't be a problem.

6. roryoss

roryoss Member

actually it just started working fast and thats no problem now the problem is:having trouble with URU the latest in the myst series from ubisoft/cyan aray scanner says safedisc 2.9 and the alcohol 120% link lists it as 3.10 regardless ive made a few coasters which load goes to setup you adjust stuff and then goes to opening screen and stalls ive read here and cd freaks and i tried to disable auto run in 120% but in Nero config it shows autorun on in both drives,didnt see where to disable it in device mgr. seems like the discs are just a change of settings from being able to run and function ????? any suggestions dvd rom sony ddu 1621/////dvd_rw is nec dvd_rw 2500A and i have made a backup of a dvd with shrink so i know the stuff works!! but i still in all my reading dont know if its a 1 or 2 sheep burner it wasnt in any of the lists ????????????????????

7. Cachorrao

Cachorrao Member

I'm not really following you. Are you trying to burn with Nero and it's trying to burn it on both your drives at the same time?

8. roryoss

roryoss Member

copy pc game with alcohol 120% from sony dvd/cd to dvd_rw// copy starts lets me choose options adjust settings make all adjustments then just shows an opening screen which freezes and i get a branch built error message and have to close!! then checked the disc with aray scanner and it showed protection safedisc 2.9 . if you are successful will it still show the protection it had ?? will it scan and show no protection?????

9. martynste

martynste Regular member

Whats the question? I'm deeply confused on this post.

Cheers,

Mart.