1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trouble watching svcd after burning them withe NERO 6

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by Angelnet, Jun 10, 2004.

1. Angelnet

Angelnet Member

Hi,

I'm new at this burn craze. I have a movie in bin & cue format, so I burn at 24X into 2 cd ( apprx 728MB each). The problem I have is that when I play them on my DVD player they just move frame by frame instead of running soothly like a regular movie. I have to run in fast forward to see normaly but the sync with audio sucks. Am I burning it too fast? or are the files corrupted in some way. Need help
    Thanz

ANgelnet

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

Well you are Burning too fast, you shouldn"t burn any faster than 8X speed for the Best results but your Problems sounds Like something else,..
    What it sounds Like to me is that the Files were encoded useing a Bitrate higher than your DVD Player can handle..This is Common with VCD"s and SVCD"s because they have such Big Bitrate constraints...
    There isn"t really much you can do about it...

3. Angelnet

Angelnet Member

Thans for the info,

Can I convert this SVCD into somethinig that I can see the movie? thanks again

Angelnet

4. Minion

Minion Senior member

Well if you have a DVD Burner(Every one should have one by now as you can get them for as low as $40) You can author the SVCD file to a DVD cuz your DVD player can Play the File if it was on a DVD...You just have to resample the audio in the SVCD/Mpeg2 file to 48000hz and then you can Burn it to DVD as a Non-standard DVD.......