1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trouble with 3/4 of movie then lockup

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by megabyte2, Jan 10, 2005.

1. megabyte2

megabyte2 Guest

Hello, I have a couple of friends who have been having trouble and its driving me crazy as I seem to be the only one who seems to have some computer skills. Both of my buddies have problems with 321 platinum getting about 3/4 of the way writing the movie. The software says its complete but when they play it on their home units it only plays 3/4 of the way. I have asked them to check for the obvious things like having two DVD burner type programs running at the same time. Any programs running in memory that open the drive. I even asked them to try different media all have failed im afraid to have them check their msconfig file as they are total non computer people and I live far away from them. Does anyone have any ideas?
    Thanks

2. squizzle

squizzle Active member

I experienced many problems with 321 software, and many other people have experienced many MANY different problems with their software. I now use DVD Shrink and don't have nearly as many issues. It's not quite as user-friendly, but as with anything, practice makes perfect. New movies are coming out with a new type of encryption that Shrink (and I'm assuming X Copy also) cannot work around. Use DVD Decrypter on these, then DVD Shrink (DVD Decrypter does not compress). Both are free and can be downloaded from this site, along with guides on how to use them. DVD Shrink is also nicer than X Copy because you have more options. I hope that helped you a little.

3. megabyte2

megabyte2 Guest

Your solution is good, im already using both shrink and decrypter and love them I personally dont use platinum anymore anyway. But I wanted to try and solve their problem rather than recommend different programs. As its like working on a puzzle now and I have invested so much time in checking various similarities on both machines plus both are stubborn and have spent alot of money on platinum thus they want to see it work.

4. dlc2000

dlc2000 Regular member

you see 321 studios went out of business there for the software is no longer updated . with that being said the software will not beable to backup the latest dvd's . so at this time like alot of us that used to use this software its time to move on to some thing that is able to do this job . i dont think x copy is able to break the latest encryption on todays dvd's anymore . other software like anydvd or decrypter might help with this problem but the bottum line is x copy is old outdated software that is longer updated . my best advice here is to tell your friends to do their selves a favor and move on to some thing different .

Last edited: Jan 11, 2005
  5. megabyte2

megabyte2 Guest

Argh I know its outdated but they want to try to make it work and I dont think its a platinum problem I think something else is blocking the copy process. I have had 0 problems with platinum even though I use shrink and decrypter as my preferred copiers. I just want to solve the problem.

6. dlc2000

dlc2000 Regular member

sorry i cant help you . you may have better luck in the dvd x copy forums at the bottum of this page .