1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

trouble with audio during while converting dvd movie

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by jontte, Mar 23, 2005.

1. jontte

jontte Guest

having trouble getting the sound in sync with the movie.
    i'm using divXtodvd to convert the dvd's from my harddrive it has worked superb for most of the dvd's i've burnt so far,but some newer dvd's i can't get the audio in sync with the movie itself.
    So what to do,these are mostly long movies like troy,gladiator,mission impossible 2,matrix reloaded.
    have any of you been encountering the samt problem trin to convert and burn these movies.
    The sound works fine for about 40-50 minutes the the speech begins coming later and later.

Anyone who can help me out? How do i get this movies to dvd with the sound in sync with the movie?

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Is the original file in sync before you convert it ?

3. jontte

jontte Guest

Yes!i've prewatched the movies before i try to burn them
    on dvd,and they seem to work fine until i try to convert
    these with divXto dvd ususally this happens if the movie is longer than 2 hours,it seem to be doing fine the first half of the movies where the soud syncs with the speech in the movie,does it have something to do with the copy protction or something else iv'e trisd to convert Troy,gladiator and such movies and this happens on all of them.

/jontte

4. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

what format are these movies in before you convert them?

5. jontte

jontte Guest

some divX and some AVI

/jontte

6. jontte

jontte Guest

any idea hoe to get this to work?

/jontte

7. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

I'm really not sure why the sound would go out of sink as I have hundreds of movies using DivXtoDVD and never had that problem, but if you think it might be a size issue you could split the file in half with VirtualDub. Then run each trough DivXtoDVD, and combine the completed files back together in Shrink.. It is worth a try unless someone else has another idea?

8. jontte

jontte Guest

i've been wondering bout that too.since i've burned older dvd's thats been much longer than 2 hours.I've tried to convert these newer dvd's like mission impossible 2,gladiator,Troy and so on but this problem occurs on each and everyone of them.
    i do get an error message while divXtodvd is trying to covert these saying something like couldn't read frame something and then some kode,discarding package could this have something to do with it though i did convert
    a shorter dvd with the same error message and it worked ok.
    i did convert king arthur and it was split in two parts and it worked ok,but to another problem if i split the movie how do i burn it onto the same dvdr with dvdskrink and nero reloaded.

/jontte

9. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

If you look at the guide at my website <Convert AVI to DVD> it actually shows how to do this the link is in my signature. :)

10. jontte

jontte Guest

have you converted any of the mentioned dvd's from divX or AVI format with divXtodvd without splitting tne movie
    and still gotten the soud and speech in sync for the whole movie.Did you use any specific setting in dixtodvd
    while doing this.
    these are the dvd's i haven' been able to convert with
    sound and speech in sync throughout the whole movie.
    Gladiator,Misiion impossible 2,what women wants,the fifth elemtent,matrix reloaded,the village.
    i've tried to convert some of thses several times but get the same problem with a sound-speech delay starting somwhere in the middle of the movie.

/jontte

11. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Sorry but no I havent. I mostly convert TV shows I capture with my video card to my PC. I don't convert any movies from the internet so I'm not sure if it is particular to these movies or not. One would think if they play fine in DivX format then when you convert them they should work also?

12. jontte

jontte Guest

yes!one would think that should normally be the case
    but it seem it's not in all cases?
    strange though since these dvd's work fine watching with my computer but problems occur tryin to convert these.

/jontte