1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

trouble with audio sync

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by magnavox0, Apr 14, 2007.

1. magnavox0

magnavox0 Member

ok so my problem is...i converted my avi file to an audio and video stream (m2v and mp2) and im trying to author them to vob files so i can burn it to DVD

when i use IFOEdit to author the DVD the audio and the video arent in sync when i play the VOB file but if i play the m2v file and start the audiomp2 file at the same time they are in sync completely. im not understanding why the two seperate files are in sync but they arent when converted into VOB files

2. attar

attar Senior member

3. magnavox0

magnavox0 Member

still out of sync using that program

4. attar

attar Senior member

I have to ask.Is the original AVI in sync when played?

5. magnavox0

magnavox0 Member

yea it is, thats the first thing that i checked. i even tried re-encoding the avi file to m2v and mp2 using CBR instead of VBR as i read that sometimes out of sync audio happened when encoding with VBR and it still didnt work. the only thing that i can think of is that when it gets encoded into mp2 and m2v. the m2v file is at 29.97 fps while the original avi is 23.976, resulting in the audio encoding to be at a slower framerate. but my thing is that if that were the case then they would not be in sync when i play the m2v and mp2 file simultaneously. I have been using NTSC 1:1 VGA encoding with 2-pass VBR on high quality setting as well as trying to encode with CBR in TMPGEnc.

6. mistycat

mistycat Active member

For a constant sync loss, run the original file (even though it plays fine) through AviMux_Gui: http://www.alexander-noe.com/video/amg/ Drag your file into the top window, highlight it and select "generate data". In the lower window' highlight the audio and if anything other than 0 appears to the right, select "start" and in a minute or two you'll have a new file to use. I've never tried this for a gradual sync loss but it's worth a shot: http://forum.videohelp.com/viewtopic.php?t=307563&highlight=elister

7. magnavox0

magnavox0 Member

mistycat youre awesome! thanks so much, the audio is in sync now!