1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trouble with backups

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by budda0282, Sep 24, 2004.

1. budda0282

budda0282 Member

I just received a premod with a matrix infinity installed. THe original discs play perfectly, but all my backups have problems with graphics. The screen either bounces, colors flash, or characters are block-ish. Any help would be greatly appriciated!

2. lucifer69

lucifer69 Regular member

what type of media are you using, what program are you using to make you backups and what speed

3. budda0282

budda0282 Member

Im using dvd decrypter and memorex 4x dvd-r. The slowest I can burn is at 2x. A few work fine, but most have the formentioned problems. You can still play, but it is a HUGE bother!

4. deadcat

deadcat Regular member

Memorex are seriously crap manufactures. At last count i think 4 companies were making memorex discs so you never know what your getting. Some of the discs work well some dont.

5. budda0282

budda0282 Member

So do you think my problem is simply the type of media? Some games (madden 2005) play perfectly, others (spiderman2, NBA Street vol.2) the screen jumps about, and a lot of the screen is pixelated.

6. deadcat

deadcat Regular member

id guess bad media. At the very least it cant hurt to upgrade to decent media. If that doesnt fix it then maybe look at say a lense cleaner??