1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trouble with controller

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by airball, Jun 16, 2007.

1. airball

airball Regular member

Does anyone else's controller loose its connection while playing. Since I purchased my PS3 in December, the controller intermittently looses its connection and then comes back. I have been hoping that an update in the firmware would help fix the problem, thinking that the problem may have been the on the PS3's end, but so far there as been no change.

2. ooZEROoo

ooZEROoo Regular member

do u have ANYTHING that could be causing interferance like bluetooth wireles speakers etc.

3. TheNick

TheNick Guest

i only remember losting connection when i leave it untouched for so long...you sure your contorller's not just messed up?

4. airball

airball Regular member

The PS3 is the only blue tooth equipped product that I own so I don't believe that interference is the issue. When the controller quit on me last night and I noticed that the 4 lights on top of the controller where NOT blinking like it had lost the connection. In fact, light #1 remained lit as to suggest that the PS3 and controller where still in contact with one another. To me this doesn't sound like a problem with the connection between the controller and the system but maybe with the controller alone. I purchased the PS3 very soon after it came out so I guess its possible that I got a bad controller, but I have to say that I am surprised that no one else has experienced this problem. As I mentioned, I have experienced it from day one. Does Sony have plans for new firmware updates for their controllers? ;) I know this has never been addressed but I would think that it may be a possibility.

5. Edgewise

Edgewise Regular member

Mine does it too on occasion. we're not alone either, I've heard of a lot of people who's' do it too. I don't know why either.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2007
  6. jesse286

jesse286 Regular member

I do know that my controller has lost its connection to the PS3 but not lately and I just updated to 1.81, but I'm sure it has nothing to do with the firmware must be the controller.

Try smashing it against something that seems to work. LOL JK controllers are like 70$

7. Footie979

Footie979 Member

Sometimes mine loses its connection if I'm watching a movie and I haven't touched it for awhile. Is your controller fully charged?

8. Edgewise

Edgewise Regular member

i don't think it has anything to do with the charge; I'm positive that it has happened with all kinds of charge levels.

9. jesse286

jesse286 Regular member

Always.

10. airball

airball Regular member

With mine it occurs no matter what the charge is. I am starting to wonder if it is really the wireless connection at all. I think that I am going to play with it connected with the USB cable and see if I still have the problem. Again, no one has heard anything about firmware updates for the controller itself have they?

11. Edgewise

Edgewise Regular member

Yeah I haven't heard anything about an update addressing that, but i believe it is slightly widespread. I mean it's not BIG problem with me, but you know I have lost a couple multiplayer games and what not because of it.

12. lee12354

lee12354 Member

try takin it appart n wigglin stuff lmao i dropped my sixaxis in my cerial n it still works n woz ya controlla like dat as soon as ya gor it

13. gkmpb4

gkmpb4 Regular member

Ive had the problem too. But one thing I noticed that hasent been mentioned on the cause of why this happens, is just wear and tear. Think about it? I play my PS3 more than anyone, and I have kids friends and others who play it too when they come over. I alone have over 300 games under my belt playing NBA 2k7 online since February when I first got it.bought 2k7 when I got the console.im just a big Bball junkie. I also have prety much all the PSN games except Rampage, joust and Rampart and a couple of PS1 classics that were just worthless to pay $6 for. I still have several PS2 controllers and just by switching back and simply holding one, and then, one of my two PS3 controllers, seems as if the PS2 controller is more durable.Like it was made with a harder type of plastic covering. When my controller started sticking to the right like stated in another thread, I sprayed just a lil of WD40 in the analog grooves and it seemed to work for a while and loosened things up, but eventually it the same thing. I have PC controllers and other controllers that may work with the ps3, but that just takes the feel of it away by playing with a non PS3 controller.
    The PS3 controller just needs to be rebuilt, or the price brought down. Thats a game I could have purchased, but now I will eventually have to buy a nother ps3 controller once I get too frustrated with dealing witha faulty one