1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trouble with DVD Shrink 3.2

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by donpiere, Aug 25, 2004.

1. donpiere

donpiere Member

Hope someone has answers to my problem. DVD Shrink 3.2 worked great for several weeks burned at least a dozen of the latest releases and great speeds and then Wham, all of a sudden i can't shrink anything. I get This error (DVD Shrink encountered an error and cannot continue,programming error - exception occured. The parameter is incorrect.) Shrink works at about 40% of the speed as it did before then crashes at random periods during the process to the error above.DVD Decrypter still works great and quick, but i need to shrink my DVD's to get them to disk. Any help appreciated.

2. michigan

michigan Guest

Did you change or update anything recently? did you do the SP2?

3. brody868

brody868 Member

I've been having the same problem too. The first few weeks of using dvd shrink were great, I could finish burning a disk in about 30-45 min. Now it takes an hour to an hour 15 min. Additionally, it will freeze at various points, but usually does this at 99% and just recently at 100%. The disks still work in the dvd player, but after it freezes the drive won't work. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the program but this is still happening. To my knowledge i haven't changed any settings. What could be wrong with this?

4. donpiere

donpiere Member

I Did install SP2 around the time of said problem, This might be the culprit. I did an uninstall but same problems still exist.I'm suspicious that traces could left behind. Also I,ve uninstalled DVD shrink then reinstalled to no avail,even tried earlier versions nothing helped. Thanks guys for getting back with me, this problem can be solved it'll just take time and good people like you to assist.

5. ddlooping

ddlooping Active member

Hi all. :)

donpiere, I assume the "Enable burning with Nero" in DVD Shrink "Edit >> Preferences >> File I/O" menu is checked.
    If it is, and you're not burning with DVD Shrink (via Nero), uncheck it.
    If it is, and you're burning with DVD Shrink (via Nero), I'd suggest you update to the latest Nero release. ;)

6. donpiere

donpiere Member

I have Nero Unchecked. Nero in my case seems to cause more problems than it's worth,I've been shrinking with DVD Shrink to an ISO then burning with DVD Decrypter. Also I have the latest version of DVD Shrink which is i think, 3.2. Thanks for your reply.

7. ddlooping

ddlooping Active member

I assume the option to burn with Nero was unchecked when you first experienced this problem.

In that case, have you recently defragmented your hard-drive(s)?

8. donpiere

donpiere Member

I can't say for sure if Nero was unchecked at the time my major problem started, but i read somewhere on the forum Nero was causing problems so i unchecked it.However I've tried it with Nero checked an unchecked, still the same problem.Yes I defragged,I'm fairly computer literate,I built my machine,an Athlon 2800,80 Gig W.D.HD, Asus A7N8X, 1Gig of Corsair PC 2700, Radeon 9700, LIanli Aluminum Mid Tower with plenty of fans for cooling. Thanks for your reply

9. ddlooping

ddlooping Active member

10. donpiere

donpiere Member

ddlooping, thanks for your replys.I think maybe my solution would be to completely remove DVD Shrink and all its associated files.The only problem is I havent a clue where all the related files are. I don't want to reformat it's to time consuming,but this may be the only way.Also the creators of shrink may come up with a solution in a newer version.

11. ddlooping

ddlooping Active member

donpiere, for [bold]total[/bold] uninstall you would have to remove:

- The folder in which you installed DVD Shrink:
    "C:\Program Files\DVD Shrink v3.2".

- The analysis files [bold]hidden[/bold] folder:
    "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\DVD Shrink".

- The DVD Shrink registry entries:
    "HKEY_USERS\{unique identity}\Software\DVD Shrink".

I doubt very much dvdshrink - the author/developer - will be working on a new version anytime soon.
    There's actually a huge probability of him never releasing another version ever. :/
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]

For DVD Shrink and related softwares guides and information, please visit http://www.dvdshrink.info[/small]

Last edited: Aug 27, 2004
  12. donpiere

donpiere Member

ddlooping: Thanks for your info on whereabouts of DVD Shrink info locatios,however i grew bored with trouble shoting so i reformatted and so far everything is working great.I'm sorry to hear their may never be an updated versin of Shrink,I heard those guys are working for NERO.I'm able to back up as i wish. I really appreciate your input,it's people like you that help others like myself that make this world a better place to live. Sicerely,donpiere
    P.S. I'm Hoping brody868 can use some of this info...

13. ddlooping

ddlooping Active member

Glad to hear it's now working, donpiere. :)

Thanks for the positive feedback . ;)
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]

For DVD Shrink and related softwares guides and information, please visit http://www.dvdshrink.info[/small]

Last edited: Aug 28, 2004