1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trouble with Forgotten

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by gmoney39, Jan 19, 2005.

1. gmoney39

gmoney39 Guest

Hello I tried copy The Forgotten and I tried using Dvd Decrypter and it copied the movies, but then when I launch CloneDVD I get a message that says:

Invalid Block Start code
    one or more blocks might be corrupted by a proir copy process or by the source device covering critical read errors. Try copying the video files to your hard drives(again) and retry.

[ps10 Vobu 4 8190 13 Picture Reader]

So I tried it again twice and I still am getting the same message. Is it something that I did wrong. Can someone please help????

2. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

Do you have the current version of dvd decrypter 3.5.2.0
    If you do, and you still cant get it,then you need to download AnyDvd :http://www.slysoft.com/en/
    This program runs in the background, to help get through the new dvd encryptions that are coming out nowadays.
    good luck
    jim

3. dvdripdvd

dvdripdvd Regular member

there are like a thousand posts for the forgotten, so why start a new one?

have you tried downloading the new dvd decrypter? if you haven't, download it. rip the movie with it and then shrink it with dvd shrink. you can then burn it with whatever you want....dvd decrypter, nero and others.

4. gmoney39

gmoney39 Guest

I have the new Dvd Decrypter, So I should use Dvd shrink not CloneDvd?

5. dvdripdvd

dvdripdvd Regular member

i shrunk it with shrink and burned it with DVD Decrypter and it plays perfectly. i ripped the entire movie and it worked. i haven't re-authored it, so it may act different but i haven't heard any problems with that option either.

6. gmoney39

gmoney39 Guest

so what does re-authored mean or do???

7. dvdripdvd

dvdripdvd Regular member

when you re-author a movie it only rips the "video" features such as the movie and documentaries. the menus and others are taken out, making you have more room on your dvd which will improve video quality. its like backing up for advance users.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2005
  8. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

a good reauthor guide for dvd shrink:http://www.dvdshrink.info/reauthor_basic.php
    good luck
    jim

Last edited: Jan 19, 2005
  9. gmoney39

gmoney39 Guest

so should I use dvd Decrypter and Shrink or Decrypter and CloneDvd??

10. Grampaw

Grampaw Regular member

On this movie I used Decrypter to rip to ISO file, then opened Shrink, reauthored to include the main title only (i.e. actual movie), then attempted to encode using Shrink and Decrypter to burn. Shrink errored out about half way through - the buffer filled up to 1,589 KBs and then Shrink stopped saying not enough memory or storage space. This is bogus since I have 2 GBs RAM and 140 GBs free HDD space. This is also the first time I've seen this error.

So I wouldn't try to re-author this title using Shrink, just put everything on one disk - apparently that approach works for other people.

My problem could be system-specific. I'm going to try Decrypter with Nero Recode2 (the Nov 2004 version) next sometime in the near future. I'm sure some combination of Decrypter, Shrink, Nero Recode will work to get just the movie only on one disk.