1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trouble with HDD

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by shmittyz, Jul 18, 2007.

1. shmittyz

shmittyz Guest

I have one problem. Xboxhdm when it starts installing files to the new hdd from the Linux iso cd, I got a message saying no linux cd present?? I'm trying to build a drive from scratch.. I'm only using an 80gb Western Digital drive. But i think that anymore is really over kill since I can only play one at a time.. And I can always FTP to switch libraries from my pc to xbox and vice versa.. Uhm if anyone could help it would be mucho appreciated. I'm the king of scratched disc's. So it would be very helpful if i could figure this out! thanx

2. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

Click on my name to learn how to upgrade the drive and build the CD properly!

3. shmittyz

shmittyz Guest

thats the tutorial that I read... I downloaded xboxhdm from xbox-hq, and from #xbins... no files different. Everytime I make the iso and start installing.. it will get to the screen with the penguin on the top and start runnin thru files then tells me that I have no Linux CD present!

4. shmittyz

shmittyz Guest

thats the tutorial that I read... I downloaded xboxhdm from xbox-hq, and from #xbins... no files different. Everytime I make the iso and start installing.. it will get to the screen with the penguin on the top and start runnin thru files then tells me that I have no Linux CD present!

5. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

What sort of disc are you using? I normally use a CD-RW. It may also be a BIOS issue within your computer? Nothing else is attached, other drives etc.?

If you can, try another computer and see if it still does it, then you can safely assume it's the disc...