1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trouble with Nero....or maybe it's just me

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by runamok, Jan 13, 2004.

1. runamok

runamok Member

Ok, I'm using the Nero 6 Ultra pack blah blah and I'm starting from scratch to burn a DVD. I've gone through all the necessary steps and opened Nero Burning Rom (classic mode). I wanted to change from CD to DVD in the left-hand drop down menu but that option was not available....no drop down menu. There are only the CD options. Any suggestions for this damsel in distress? All would be appreciated!

2. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

runamok,

Go to ControlPanel, Add and Remove Programs, remove Nero. Reboot your system, reinstall Nero -

Should find the "drop down Box, upper LEFT corner of Classis in the New Compilation" window.

Using "Nero ROM" follow the instructions, word for word - you should be alright -

If you have problems, we'll need to know what the "blah, blah" is -

i.e. What is your ripper ?

How to burn using Nero 6.0.
    Step by Step –
    Do not use Nero Wizard.
    When you open Nero Burning ROM, you will be at the “New Compilation” window. Directly under the title “New Compilation” is a choice block to choose either DVD or CD, choose DVD. Directly under that (Wheeew, now I need a cigarette:)
    click on DVD Video Icon. Then click “New” in the upper right corner of that screen, NOT the main screen.
    You now are in the DVD Video window. In the left screen, click VIDEO_TS. In the File Browser screen, 3rd from the left, trace your path to the DVDShrink folder holding your work and click on that folder. All of your VIDEO_TS files are now opened in the right screen. Click on the top file, hold down the “Shift” key and then click the bottom file thereby hi-lighting the entire column of files. Click and (holding the left mouse button down) drag the entire column of files to the open screen, second from the left.
    Now click the icon on the task bar that shows a match on a disc, and then click “Burn” and Baby, Scream it to me, Who’s your Daddy Now ???

(Wheeew, Now I need a cigarette)

Guess what my Friend ??

Go watch some TV, call your mother (It’s been awhile since she’s heard from you, don’t ya know? J) You are done !!!
    Keep all fingers and toes away from Mr. Computer. Never mess with the lady when she’s working – it would be a health thing, you understand -
    Go and have your coffee, when Nero is done she will let you know ;-))

Enjoy, “P”

3. runamok

runamok Member

Ok, I removed Nero through control panel and reinstalled it but still no DVD option under 'New Compilation drop-down menu'. I have both DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter for ripping (you wanted to know). How can I fix this Nero thing as I have no problem afterwards in following your wonderful instructions. Help please?

4. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Try the Nero Express part of Ultra. See if the DVD Video option is there. If it isn't, then Nero isn't seeing your burner for some reason.
    Jerry

5. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

runamok,

I'm sorry, totally my fault - I forgot to ask - Did you have Nero on your system when you bought it OR did you get it when you purchased something else ?

My thought is that you do not have a full copy of Nero.

It is complete when it comes from the web site.

You can get a full Nero download for 30 days for free.

Again, delete and go here for the trial download, I promise it Will work -

A 30 day, free, fully functional Nero 6 download can be had here:
    http://www.nero.com/us/631939541422774.php

I'll be here if you need me - that Jerry's pretty kool too, he be one of de Amigo's :))

Pete

6. runamok

runamok Member

Alright, I'll give it a shot. Thanks to the both of ya! Unfotunately I won't be able to do it until next wednesday due to lack of internet connection (bummer, i know). I will be sure drop a note with the result of these shenanigans. :-D Thanks again!