1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

trouble with Nero Recode/DVD Decrypter

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by buzzzzz, Sep 12, 2007.

1. buzzzzz

buzzzzz Member

I used DVD Decrypter to copy a dvd to my HD. I can open the files on my HD and view with Nero. No problem. However, when I try to recode them with Nero so I can burn them, Nero Recode 2 does not see the files in the folder? I am new to this and not sure what mistake I might have made. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

2. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Which option in Recode are you using? You might be picking the wrong one. Use the 1st 2 options in Recode - for full movie use Recode an Entire DVD to DVD or if you just want movie only pick Reocde Main Movie to DVD.
    Here's a guide - link.

Or did you by chance rip in iso mode w/ Decrypter - you would just have an .iso and a .mds file.
    If you did use DVD Shrink. To open the iso in shrink go to file>open disc image and find the iso.

3. buzzzzz

buzzzzz Member

I used DVD Decrypter in File Mode. The files generated are VTS_ files.

4. binkie7

Ok - check out the guide and see if that helps.

Keep us posted!

5. buzzzzz

buzzzzz Member

I tried DVDFab Decrypter instead. This seemed to do the trick. After using DVDFab, I ran it through DVD Shrink, and then Recode 2. It was very simple. I'd say the whole process from soup to nuts was just over an hour. Thanks for everyone's advice.

6. binkie7

Not a problem buzzzzz
    When you run it thru Shrink you can skip Recode cause Shrink should have compressed it enuf to fit on a single layer disc.
    Plus Shrink will also autoburn w/ Nero - just set the backup target to your drive.