1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

trouble with pinnacle's INSTANT COPY and my Sony DRU-510a

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by bob911c4, Feb 14, 2004.

1. bob911c4

bob911c4 Member

when i first open pinnacle's instant copy the screen comes up with a source column and a destination column. In the source column says my Sony DRU-510a, my factory CDRW drive, and the hard drive. But the PROBLEM is that in the destination column (right side). Only my CDRW drive, and hard drive shows up as sources for me to burn the image. How do i get my DVD drive (the DRU-510a) in the source column so that i can burn to it? Note: i have been able to burn backup files with the DRU-510a, but not DVD images after compression, so the drive itself works. Any suggestions?

2. bob911c4

bob911c4 Member

does anyone have an idea?

3. mickz

mickz Member

I also have the Sony DRU-510a but I've never had this problem. I've only tried using RecordNow Max and Nero 5 to burn.

4. Damon1

Damon1 Regular member

Hey bob11c4
    The more I look at your prob, the more I think that windows isn't recognizing your drive as a recorder, so check that link I gave u on the other thread.
    Let me know how u go.

Damon

5. bob911c4

bob911c4 Member

it recognizes it in Instant Copy because my DVD-RW drive is in the source section but not the destination section

6. bob911c4

bob911c4 Member

oops, nm im dumb, Ill try that link and get back to you. THX a bunch for the help DAMON1, i really appreciate it.

7. sj2004

sj2004 Member

Hi

I have sent a message to a couple of users regarding this but I would really appreciate knowing when this problem has been solved because I cannot figure it out!

And are you able to supress with Pinnacle Copy like DVD Shrink/DVD2One?