1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trouble with PSX games on PSP - PLEASE HELP!

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by Silvy1, Feb 12, 2007.

1. Silvy1

Silvy1 Member

Hello,

I've been researching psp hacking, downgrading and emulators all day because I wanted to play Suikoden 2 on my psp. And learned a bit about it and it all worked well but now I'm stuck and completly oblivious about what I should do. So I'm really hoping someone will help me out.

Here's the deal:
    I put the two Suikoden 2 files, EBOOT.PBP and KEYS.BIN in a directory SUIK and put it in /PSP/GAME/ .
    Then I started my PSP and went to Game > Memory Stick and there it was! A cool Suikoden 2 logo and background waiting to be played! But when I tried to start the game I got a messeges I needed firmware 3.01 .
    So I looked around a bit more on the internet and I found out that firmware 3.01 could play most PSX games without much problems so I upgraded my PSP (which previously had firmware 2.80) to firmware 3.01.
    Now when I go to Game > Memory card and try to start the game I get this weird message: 'To use this content, you must activate the system.'

So this was the point where I was like ... EH? Come again!?

What system should I have to activate? Is there something in my Settings which I need to change or something?

Really hope someone can help me out here. Many thanks in advance!

2. hexitnow

hexitnow Active member

U need custom firmware to play PSX games. The ONLY TWO ways to play them are:

1.) Get a ps3 and download them with that, transfer to psp.
    2.) Upgrade to 3.03 official firmware, obtain GTA:LCS Unpatched UMD and downgrade with the UMD/3.03 Downgrader. Install custom firmware.