1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trouble with -R's in DVD X COPY

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by dmarie, Mar 19, 2004.

1. dmarie

dmarie Member

I have asked this before, and have been told to try different brands of media, I have. I have a Pioneer AO6, running XP, and just will not burn my movies on -R's. I can burn other media, my Pinnacle Program videos and data on -R's, but not with XCopy. This is the only format my daughters' dvd player will play, or it wouldn't be a big deal. I have wasted so many thinking I have it solved doing different things. I have all the firmware updates, movie burns to hard drive, but then get an error on burning to disc. Usually it just ruins the disc--sometimes burning a few seconds on it, sometimes just the Backup Screen.
    Tech has tried to help me, just can't get it--any more ideas? Have used TDK, MEMOREX, Fuji, Verbatim.
    Thank you, dmarie

2. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

dmarie,

I think you had better head over to the DVD XCopy forum, it does sound like a 321 software program -

http://dvdxcopy.afterdawn.com/

Should you not find any satisfaction there we have some alterative choices.

1. The first choice is 2 software programs, which are both free, and since you can burn anything when not using XCopy, it should work fine. These programs aren't complicated but they are more than 1 steps (about 4 - 5 steps)

2. There are other programs that are of the "1-Step" variety however they are for $$.$$ programs :-(

Either way we'll be glad to help :p)

Welcome to the Club anyway,

Pete

3. dmarie

dmarie Member

Thanks, Pete, I have downloaded dvd shrink, but I don't have a burning program, just Nero Express--can't afford the $ for the full version right now.

I'll go over to other forum and see if I can find some answers--thanks for your help.
    dmarie

4. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

dmarie,

Goodness me, don't go there, come on back here - DVD Decrypter is a burner that works with DVD Shrink -

Hit Backup in Shrink under “Target Device” go to “Select target device” once there, select “ISO Disc Image”. [bold]NEXT[/bold] tick “Launch DVD Decrypter to burn the output image” box. Finally, where it says “Select target image file”, browse till you find your created folder for your Backup and place it there, That’s it !

In DVD Decrypter - and under “Mode”, select “ISO” then “Write” - under “Source”, select your folder that you had DVD Shrink put the ISO files in. Then, select “Destination” as your Burner - holding your DVD media - How easy is that ??

and the cost is -0-, Kool, huh,

Enjoy,

Pete

5. dmarie

dmarie Member

Thanks, Pete, I'll try that--takes me a while to catch on to new things. I was told to download the update for Dvd Plat RF, and I did, so I have both, what good is the RF--still won't burn -R's--should I delete it, or just leave it there? Don't want to screw up the other Plat. file--it works great with +R's and RW's. But I don't know if they are sharing files, or what--hate taking up space for nothing.
    Thanks for you help--I'll let you know how it works out. Dmarie

6. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Dmarie,

Taking up files, perhaps, sharing files, absolutely not and they won't interfere with each other either. I fool with a lot of programs and currently have 3 different versions of 321's Xpress and a single version of DVD XCopy - I think I used Xpress last October maybe as late as August -

I'll bet you a stale Krispy Kreme Donut that you'll become a new a convert, stop by anytime you've got a question or to read and learn some more,

At any rate, I'll be waiting to hear from you,

Cheers,

Pete

7. dmarie

dmarie Member

Hey, Pete, thank you so much--my husband is so happy I can back up his music videos, (he keeps the copy in his "He Man Woman Haters Club") his garage.
    I can't figure out yet how to get just the movie on a disk--no extras, yet, but I'm sure I will.
    Thanks again. You were a great help!

Will keep in touch.

dmarie

8. viper6699

viper6699 Guest

hi dmarie......welcome to the fold.

you will find that under the re-author section of DVD Shrink you can cut all the extra's out of your disc and just burn the movie file.

hope this helps
    viper

9. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

hi dmarie

im not even close to as smart as pete but i have a good guide for your reauthoring for shrink for the newbie..http://www.dvdshrink.info/reauthor_basic.php

good luck

jim
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]no matter where you go...there you are.
    you should never take life too seriously....you'll never get out of it alive!![/small]

Last edited: Mar 22, 2004
  10. dmarie

dmarie Member

Thanks Jim. You and Pete are great--that looks pretty easy for me to understand--I'll let you know how I do when I try it--all out of blank DVD'S now.
    Where's the best place to order them? I've just been getting them from Best Buy, when they're on sale.
    Thanks so much for all your help, again.

Glad I didn't pay too much for you-know-what.
    dmarie

11. dmarie

dmarie Member

Thanks to you too, Viper. I'm out of a frustration hold. Too old for that! Thanks, guys.

What kind of DVD'S do you use, brand?

thanks, dmarie

12. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

dmarie,

Try Meritline.com, good prices and 2 day service in the states.

Let’s get your media straightened out -

1. Cheap media skips, freezes, fuzzes, pixelats, partially jams and of course, our good old standby, either doesn’t burn or doesn’t play at all :-(

Cheap media is great for text, Data, Spreadsheets, .Jpg and .Gif pictures and is good even for MP3 music BUT for DVD backups - BLAaaaaaT! It SUCKTH in an extremely great way !

2. Top Grade media is needed for DVD reproduction !
    Ritek G04's or Verbatim are what we’re looking for OR any media boasting “Advanced AZO Metal Dye”, this indicates a superior dye application, while they are a bit “pricey” they are acceptable.

Prices online from Meritline.com have gotton Ritek G04 around a dollar a disc -

Question - If you make coasters out of 3 cheap discs and good copies from 3 Verbatim discs or 3 Ritek G04 discs - which ones then are too expensive ?

Glad we have been of service :D)

Pete
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]The “old man” Pete (ö¿ô)
    Compaq 8000, Pent 4 CPU 2.84GHz, 1GB RAM.
    340GB HD, 7200 (Maxtor 120, Western 200 & 20.
    4 Drives, JLMS DVD ROM, HP DVD Writer 200j,
    Nec 4X DVD RW ND-1300A & AXV CD/DVD-ROM.
    GeForce4 Ti 4200-128MB, OS– XP sp1.[/small]

Last edited: Mar 22, 2004