1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

trouble with smartripper

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by wendi, Aug 1, 2002.

1. wendi

wendi Guest

I downloaded the program smartripper on afterdawn and I have a different language and do not know how to convert this to english so that I could start to use it to rip dvd's and to do the next step. PLease help

2. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

It's English, the installer is just in German. But we all should have enough computer/language skills to figure out how to click our mouse twice to install it.

3. wendi

wendi Guest

I do not have enough computer/language skills or I would not be here asking how to correct.

4. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

Just click the right-hand side buttons (Next) until the installer has completed or use http://babelfish.altavista.com and enter the words in it to get English translation.

5. wendi

wendi Guest

I also did click my mouse 2 times to install it and I guess I don't know how to do that when the language is not english. I wish I was more of a computer person but I am not and I am asking for help so that I can install it. I have it installed on the hard drive just not in a language I can understand.

6. TheFlyer

TheFlyer Guest

Hi.

Did you get it installed???
    Peter.

7. wendi

wendi Guest

Thank you Pete. I did finally get that program installed. But boy is there a lot of different things to do to try to copy a dvd. I have the smartripper down pat but can not do the next step. Do you have any suggestions for this??

8. TheFlyer

TheFlyer Guest

Hi.

I did not understand your last message.
    How long have you come with the ripping?
    have you ripped the dvd with Smartripper or not.
    Tell me so i can try to help you out.

have you read this guide:
    http://www.afterdawn.com/articles/archive/dvd2vcd_with_smart_dvd2avi_tmpgenc.cfm

I got my first dvd ripped with help of that guide.
    But later on when i ripped i had many problems,so just ask we are trying to help you.

Peter.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2002
  9. wendi

wendi Guest

Hi I got the whole program smartripped. But when I tried to do the DVD2AVI I thought I did that right but when I went to TMPGEnc it did not have a wav for audio. I am having trouble with all that. Thanks

10. TheFlyer

TheFlyer Guest

Hi.

In the DVD2AVI (version 1.76) do this:
    1.Open your vobs you ripped with SmartRipper(just select one of the vobs (the first) and all the wobs will follow).
    2.Hit F5 to play the movie for some seconds then hit Esc. to stop
    3.In Audio option (DVD2AVI):select
    track Number=track 1
    Chanel Format=auto select
    DolbyDigital=Demux all tracks + Dolby Surround Downmix AND Dynamic Range Control=Off
    48->44,1KHZ=off or high("off" dont work with all stanalone players because the audio vill be 48KHZ and all players cant play that)
    Normalization=on.

The hit F4 and save the projeckt file.
    Now you should have a smal d2v file and one or more big waves.
    Just listen out which one of the wave:s is the right one and select that as your audion source in TMPGEnc.

The newest version of DVD2AVI 1.77.3 you can find here:http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/dvd_rippers/dvd2avi.cfm

peter.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2002
  11. wendi

wendi Guest

HI I got the program to work but when I burned it onto a cdr with vcd easy the voice did not match the video. How do I correct that? what do I need to do?

12. Peter2000

Peter2000 Guest

Hello Wendi,

Nothing you can't do about it. The only thing is try to encode the movie again and use the Vob2Audio to encode you sound. After that, try to burn your movie again.

13. kode20

kode20 Member

Hello

I've got a problem with smart ripper & vstrip!!!!

smartripper:
    When i select all the chapters (the whole movie), it starts ripping, but after it outputs at least 4gigs, it gives me this message: "Quit ripping?" The percent complete : 93%

vstrip:
    I used vstrip.....it later said Error: Disk full? LBA" something like that.
    I have an AMD 1.7GHz and a WD 40Gigs with 30Gigs free!

Can someone help me please?

Thanks

Last edited: Aug 6, 2002