1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

trouble writing to unlocked replacement pcb

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by pyrasius, Feb 2, 2012.

1. pyrasius

pyrasius Member

ok here's the story, i have been trying for some time to mod my drive so that it can rip game isos which from what i understand required it to be flashed with 0800v3 fw so i ordered a tx replacement unlocked pcb which arrived today i fitted it into my drive, connected the drive to my laptop launched jf which didnt recognize the drive which i expected because its empty, i put it in vendor mode and wrote the 0800v3 fw just fine but wait, the drive is still not detected well great im out of ideas can someone tell me what i need to do

2. peluynati

peluynati Regular member

there is no 0800 firmware for that drive board yet, has not been released!

3. Modking30

Modking30 Regular member

ahh, the drive board doesn't matter. It's the drive FW that matters. Liteon and benQ v3 800 are released. did you download the newest backup creator? Your other thread states you are trying to flash. Keep to one thread.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2012
  4. peluynati

peluynati Regular member

he's trying to write to DG-16D4S which has not been released, i'm not sure but i dont think you can write phat firmware to a slim firmware drive?

5. pyrasius

pyrasius Member

sorry about that, thanks for all the information i know what i need to do now