1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Troubles with ISO's

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by tANGEr, Aug 1, 2003.

1. tANGEr

tANGEr Member

Hey everyone, im new to this forum and i'd appreciate it if you can help me. I have a game (Battlefield 1942) which is 2 ISO files. I burned them as an image and tried to install. After installing, i tried to play the game but it kept prompting me to insert the first cd in to cdrom even though it already was. Any ideas? suggestions?

Thanks Alot!
    tANGEr

2. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

you need emulation i think!

what program was used to burn?

Thx...

3. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Battlefield 1942 is Safedisc 2.x cd protected. Use Alcohol 120% and after installing go to options>shell extension and enable iso file format. Open Alcohol 120% and use the Safedisc 2 datatype profile to burn (RAW DAO) at 8x. Play the backup in your [bold] burner [/bold] and if the backup won't play then go to options>emulation and enable all and try again with your burner.

Shoey :)

4. tANGEr

tANGEr Member

hey Shoey, im not sure what you mean by this line..."Play the backup in your burner and if the backup won't play then go to options>emulation and enable all and try again with your burner." Does that mean play the burnt cd in my burner? cant it be on any cd rom?

5. Shoey

Shoey Guest

A) Yes

I don't know what brand name cdrw you own so I "assume" you have a "1 sheep" burner. If this is the case then you need the aid ofemualtion (Alcohol 120%\ignore media type) and the backup [bold] must be played in the burner [/bold] If you own a "2 sheep burner" then chances are the backup will play in "most" dvd\cd-roms.

Shoey :)