1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

troubles with mpc

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by antipop, Feb 10, 2005.

1. antipop

antipop Guest

I've installed media player classic two days ago as it was supposed to be the best player out there.
    However no matter what movie i put the playback is sh***, sometimes the movies fast forward, the sound just go forward a few seconds, or the pic hangs then continue.
    This is very very annoying, i'm watching a lot of video clips and it totally ruins them. I used to use VLC and everything was running just fine, i'd like to keep mpc because of the plug in for the remote control and myHTPC integration

ps : i've ffdshow and i tried to reinstall it without success. My codec were installed following the sticky posted here

2. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

VLC only uses internal decoders/filters whilst MPC has some but the rest of the time relies on what is installed on your system. So before you go blaming MPC, check how the files play on another dshow based player like windows media player.

3. antipop

antipop Guest

I'm blaming mpc because it's the only player having problems on my computer
    Wmp 9 is working fine, vlc is working fine but mpc can't run a 3min clip without problems (i tried on the same mpeg file for all three). So i guess mpc is the cause

4. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

Mpg file? Try disabling MPC's internal MPEG PS/TS/PVA source filter and MPEG1/2/audio transform filters, although personally I haven't had any problems with them.

5. antipop

antipop Guest

alright i tried what you said and so far everything is playing fine
    thank you for your help

6. antipop

antipop Guest

Actually it's not working at all, now it's a problem with the pic, it always freezes a few second, this is really annoying
    I tried all the option inside mpc and nothing works
    If i use WMP or VLC the playback is fine, i usualy use VLC but i'd like to use mpc because of the integration within myHTPC and i have the plug in for my remote control (ati remote)

7. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

8. antipop

antipop Guest

i'll try the new version