1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

troubling copy Happy Feet movie

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by F150FX4, Apr 22, 2007.

1. F150FX4

F150FX4 Member

I got me new DVD happy Feet from E bay so i have 14 month old girl.

i would like to copy it as back up. i tried DVD shirnk and deycter and it does nothing..

Any suggestion??

Thanks!

2. FFsp42

FFsp42 Regular member

DVDFab Decrypter should have worked for this title. Make sure your version is up to date. The latest version is 3.0.9.6, I believe.
    Another suggestion is to use AnyDVD. It's not free, but has a 21-day free trial. It should work also.
    Lastly, or initially, make sure the DVD is clean and not scratched.

3. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

You might have a bad disc or drive because this one can be done with either Shrink or DVD_Decrypter.

4. F150FX4

F150FX4 Member

Yeah i believe my DVD is pos! memorox (spell)

I ll try different dvd.

Thanks!
    Jake

5. Deadrum33

Deadrum33 Active member

I dont have that movie but does it come with some sort of "game" on it? A few of my daughters discs I've backed up have had not only movies but also DVD games where you have to choose main movie only to avoid the ripper looking at the game.

6. res2cue

res2cue Guest

Happy Feet can be backed up doing full disc if you wish, as well I have had no problems backing up any movies that had the games on them.

7. Deadrum33

Deadrum33 Active member

@res2cue---
    Yes you can do that with some paid programs, and maybe I shouldve advised for AnyDVD and the like. I was talking about using the tools original poster already mentioned.

8. res2cue

res2cue Guest

alright, makes sense. I thought you could also do full backups with dvdfab decryoter but I must admit it has been a long time since I used that program... I will leave this is your capable hands.

9. Deadrum33

Deadrum33 Active member

No problems,
    lets just hope the original poster gets back here to say if the issue is resolved or not.

10. F150FX4

F150FX4 Member

I failed it w/ Taiyo Yuden DVD. i tried shirnk , decypter and nothing work...it wont read at all by DVD player.

I ll try something different, I ll try DVD fab...

thanks!

11. res2cue

res2cue Guest

where did the dvd you bought from ebay get shipped from? could this be a region issue?

12. F150FX4

F150FX4 Member

bought it from online store...I used it for ps2 and no problem...I have no problem with DVD movies too..oh well..I havent try DVD fab yet..

13. Deadrum33

Deadrum33 Active member

@F150FX4--
    What exactly are you having problems with? There are 2 different steps in making a quality backup.
    1. Rip the disc to a folder on your computers hard drive
    2. Burn the file to blank disc from the folder you made in hard drive.
    Yes there is "on the fly" where it burns to disc w/out the hard drive step but until this gets figured out I wont throw too much out at once.
    Read these guides
    http://webpages.charter.net/bacitup/
    try to back it up again and let us know how things go.

14. F150FX4

F150FX4 Member

i think the problem is that its high # of GB on that movie DVD, 7.12gb, my DVD rated 4.7gb..

15. res2cue

res2cue Guest

I doubt it, all dvd's have that amount of data on them, that is why you use shrink (or another compression program)... so that they will onto the 4.7 disc.

you used what in your PS2.. the back up disc? If thats the case I would be looking at your main dvd player and seeing it's capabilities.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2007
  16. Snatched

Snatched Guest

RIPIT4ME and follow the instructions. Oh yeah and when your running Shrink close all unnecessary programs. Shrink is a resource hog.

17. res2cue

res2cue Guest

you shouldn't multi-task when doing ripping or burning with any program, not just shrink.

18. docgreen

docgreen Member

I used DVD Shrink to backup this movie, but when I went to play the backup it wouldn't read. (The 7 other DVD's I backed up in the past couple days have all worked fine). Is there a known issue with this movie, or was my computer just having a bad day? lol

19. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

This movie has nothing special. I did it with DVD_Decrypter and had absolutely no issues.

20. res2cue

res2cue Guest

and even if it did have something special, that was what.. a month and a half ago? Any problems would surely be solved by now, with pretty much all software.