1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Troy has two movie files both same in length???

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by cl1986, Apr 17, 2005.

1. cl1986

cl1986 Member

I first used DVD decryptor

Whats the deal, it shows two movie files when i do a reauthor and one shows 7162 MB and the other is 7161 MB, whats the deal, they both play in shrink with the player and seem to be the same. Isnt that like 14 gigs??? on one disk???

2. arniebear

arniebear Active member

Might be a different angle, sometimes it is choice between widescreen and fullscreen. Just choose Title 1 in re-author and it will work.

3. cl1986

cl1986 Member

Thats the thing, i couldnt find anything different, not even angle, and they are both widescreen. The original doesnt even have an option for anything but one option... Play movie, no extras these are on disk 2, nothing else, thats what puzzels me.

4. squizzle

squizzle Active member

Maybe extended version or alternate ending?

5. jmet

jmet Regular member

There will be 2 different titles under "Main Movie". Title 1 and Title 5. The only difference is that the beginning credits of "Title 5" is in a different language. Ex: It says "Troie" instead of the "Troy".

6. cl1986

cl1986 Member

They wasted 7 gigs on that??? WTH!!!!

7. jmet

jmet Regular member

I am sure that the other dialog, subtitles/subpictures were that way to but, I did not watch the whole title, just noticed that bit and stopped the preview and selected title 1.

8. hijacker

hijacker Guest

Ones wide screen and one full screen.

9. jmet

jmet Regular member

@ hijacker - your wrong, I think I can tell the difference between widescreen and full screen.

10. squizzle

squizzle Active member

Remember the Forgotten when it first came out? And Ray? These movies had 2 main titles, and they both seemed to give many people problems. Maybe the 2 main title thing has some correlation......

11. jmet

jmet Regular member

I own the original, I just stuck it in DVD Shrink in previewed both titles. My comment still stands. :)

12. squizzle

squizzle Active member

I must agree with jmet on this one. That's the only difference I noticed. Different language on credits, although movie is still in English.

This might all be different for other region/version of movie. I'm in Region 1.

13. arniebear

arniebear Active member

@squizzle, jmet

You are both right it was just the credits, they were in french otherwise the movie was in English. Title One was all English.

14. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

If there appear to be 2 copies of the movie with different languages for the credits the only part that's duplicated is the credits. The rest of the movie is shared between them. DVD Shrink is looking at titles (IFO file information) which references the shared video/audio once for each language (angle).

15. squizzle

squizzle Active member

You are correct Vurbal. Otherwise, I fit over 8GB on a DVD5, which I highly doubt happened.

16. cl1986

cl1986 Member

Thats makes more sense, cause 14 gigs doenst fit on one dvd.

But it probrably took up 14 gigs of my hard drive??? or not.

17. hijacker

hijacker Guest

No shit on the widescreen and full screen, ok glad that you know that. I had a copy of Elf and it has a wide screen and full screen viewing and no it's not a flipper disc.I re-authored the disc and yes it has two files in the movie area.So that's why I metioned that to you.Sorry to be of help.Next time I'll no better.

18. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

If you did a full disk backup it wouldn't because the original disc's structure (ie only one copy of shared content) would be preserved. If you reauthored and kept multiple versions the shared content would be duplicated for each version.

19. cl1986

cl1986 Member

well that was dumb, all i had to do is check the file on my hard drive, its only 7.x gigs so it must have done it right, i wonder what the dvdshrink would have done if i shrunk both files to the new disk?? Someone should try that.

20. nohelpme

nohelpme Regular member

I split troy over 2 dvd-5's to get 100% perfect copies with no compression. I did the first movie that i saw in dvdshrink. The second I have no idea what it is. I watched the copy i made and no issues and is all in english and is in widescreen format. Looks good so far.