1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Troy Re-author

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by jim1080, Jan 9, 2005.

1. jim1080

jim1080 Guest

Under re-author in Dvdshrink the main movie has two titles. Title 1 and 5. They seem to be identical. Do I need both, just one? What's the deal with this. I've never seen it before.
    Thanks

2. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

title 1 is wide screen and title 5 is full screen. I hate wide screens so I just used title 5 to do that movie.

3. jim1080

jim1080 Guest

I was thinking of that but in the preview box in shrink they looked the same.
    Thanks

4. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

When you look at them in the preview screen,you have to go further into the movie or backwards from the end of each movie title and look for the black bars on top and bottom.

5. sean5775

sean5775 Regular member

The Troy DVD I have has french and english versions as title 1 and title 5, however if you only use one or use both it takes up pretty much the same amount of space because the opening and closing credits are the only difference as they are either english or french, the rest of the movie is the same and is used by both. Something I never seen before, but I basically had to do both since I didnt know for sure how it would turn out, I know it only made about 1% difference in the compression to use both or just one, so I wasnt too concerned about using both.

6. sean5775

sean5775 Regular member

The Troy DVD I have has french and english versions as title 1 and title 5, however if you only use one or use both it takes up pretty much the same amount of space because the opening and closing credits are the only difference as they are either english or french, the rest of the movie is the same and is used by both. Something I never seen before, but I basically had to do both since I didnt know for sure how it would turn out, I know it only made about 1% difference in the compression to use both or just one, so I wasnt too concerned about using both.

7. sean5775

sean5775 Regular member

8. sakmd

sakmd Member

I had a similar situation as sean5775....I had gotten the widescreen edition and on that disc, the difference between title 1 and 5 is the title (as well as the prologue as movie starts) language. Title 1 was in English whereas Title 5 was in French. On the disc I had, both titles were in widescreen. And I too had noticed, as sean5775 stated above, that using only one or the other resulted in only a 1% difference in compression.