1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

True Crime Streets of LA backup issue

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by mispent, Feb 27, 2005.

1. mispent

mispent Member

I'm using SwapMagic with DVD Loader 7 and the game boots through the first 2 intro ads (Activision and the thing with the shoe) then flashes a red screen, then a yellow screen and freezes on the yellow screen and goes no further. I can't find anything about this in the forums so does anyone happen to know a solution?

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

did you select the 5v3 no pn option?

3. mispent

mispent Member

I just got done reading other threads where you talked about the 5v3 no pn option but unfortunately my SwapMagic CD v3.0 has never worked on my PS2. I have always got the please insert a playstation game screen. The DVD v2.0 that came with it has always worked perfectly. I have cdloader 7 all and dvdloader 7 all. Is there just no way to get it to work without the SwapMagic CD working? I thought I would be having to use the DVD version anyway for this game.

4. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

you burn dvd loader to dvd and load it with the swap magic dvd. once it loads, hit x to get to the options.

5. mispent

mispent Member

Man I gotta tell ya, you rock. I never knew there were options in dvdloader and didn't notice it mentioned in other threads, just that there were options in cdloader. Anyway thanx a million.

6. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

cd loader and dvd loader are the exact same program. one is just edited to be burnt to cd and the other dvd.

7. kipraios

kipraios Member

Hi I have this problem. I have Swap Magic version 2 and I try to use DVD loader but it doesn' work. Do I burn the image file alone or the contents of it? I use DVD-R is that ok?
    I tried too many times but I when I try to swap with the Swap Magic disc a pink color comes on the sides.
    Can you help me
    Thanks

8. kipraios

kipraios Member

I managed to burn the image correctly and run DVD loader. My problem is with Tekken 5. I have original DVD and it still doesn't play the Arcade modes and extra adventure game.

9. steimy

steimy Active member

you shouldn't have a problem with Tekken 5
    I even have a backup of that game and it works fine in all mode so i know your original should unless it has a problem. Plus you wouldn't use swap magic or DVD Loader with the original anyway

10. kipraios

kipraios Member

You see a have a Pal PS2 and NTSC Tekken 5. I use Slide card and ordered now a Flip Top. They say that should work better than slide card. Let's wait and see what happens. I will use it with SwapMagic 2 and DVD loader if needed

11. steimy

steimy Active member

i would upgrade to swap magic 3.3
    i have a flip top on my V7 and it works great and for me is a ton easier to use than the slide card.

Reason i say upgrade swap magic is that 2.0 does not have the screen mode options like 3.3 does.
    on 3.3 you can pick either PAL or NTSC so that the game will load right no matter what they system is.
    I play PAL games on my NTSC system with no problems with the new 3.3
    i think you caould also use DVD Loader to do that too if i remember correctly, but it is just one extra swap.

12. mjonz20

mjonz20 Member

Just to add something about the swap magic cd...mine didn't work either, but then one day I tried it and it's worked fine ever since.

13. mispent

mispent Member

That's awfully strange. Is there any chance that you were trying to use it with DVD games instead of CD games before?

14. steimy

steimy Active member

not really that strange at all, some PS2's have problems with the CD version. Mine did too.
    Luckily i don't have any CD based games that i actually still play.

15. mispent

mispent Member

No I just meant it's awfully strange that it didn't work and then all of a sudden did work and has ever since.