1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

True or False? Auto Firmware Upgrade???

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by GyoHo, Apr 12, 2007.

1. GyoHo

GyoHo Guest

Hey, Guys! Hope you can help with this question...
    I recently got a PSP with firmware version 1.5 that allows me to play games using the Memory Stick Pro Duo (I'm so happy!) :p

The other day a friend told me that the newest games come with an AUTO FIRMWARE UPGRADE that will update my 1.5 to 3.03 (or whatever is the latest firmware available is). Now I am asking... is that true!? Can my PSP nice-and-useful 1.5 firmware be endangered just by playing a new game? ("Metal Gear Solid - Portable Operations" comes to my mind!) Isn't any firmware update supposed to be accepted by the user/owner???

I would really apretiate if you can give me the insight about this!

2. fultonla

fultonla Guest

ok first of all you shouldn't be using 1.5 you should go to custom firmware. it has all the features of 1.5 3.03 and devhook combined into the firmware itself.

you are right all upgrades you must agree to but a firmware update will come on the disc but it wont require you to update if you are on custom firmware.

just use the winstaller in my sig and choose 3.03 oe-c.

happy gaming :)

3. GyoHo

GyoHo Guest

Thanks for the advice! I will try it soon an post my results!

4. glenquag

glenquag Regular member

You can also go to 3.10oe-a but you cannot customize the icons in it, if thats what your into. If your not into customizing go with 3.10oe-a.

5. gasconade

gasconade Regular member

3.10 OE's are still kinda buggy...id wait to update