1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TrueCrypt System Favorites

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by xbkrypt0n, Sep 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xbkrypt0n

xbkrypt0n Active member

I'm having trouble adding my truecrypted volumes as system favorites. Truecrypt is SUPPOSED to load them pre-boot, during or shortly after Windows boots if the passwords for the other volumes is the same as the "master" password, but v7.1 doesn't do that.

After Windows and TrueCrypt have loaded up, I have to manually open TrueCrypt and click on "Auto-Mount Devices". Then TrueCrypt asks for the password (again), which it should already have from the initial boot. After entering the password, TrueCrypt loads up the system favorite volumes allright, but at COMPLETELY RANDOM. The drive letters are mixed up and the volume names do not correspond the correct drives.

Using Windows 7 Ultimate x64. AMD 890FX sata chipset (Asus M4A89TD Pro USB3).

Not sure if they fixed it already in v7.1 (from v7.0), but locking certain drives (eg. chkdsk) causes TrueCrypt to BSoD the whole system. Now I would be glad to post all this in the TrueCrypt forums, where it belongs imo, but those retards have banned all free email providers from their forums, so nobody can register. Suprisingly, they have noticed a major decrease in spam and problems with their products, go figure :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.