1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Truncated XGD3 Random Read Error

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by ktimam, Jan 28, 2012.

1. ktimam

ktimam Member

I just upgraded my Lite-On Drive to LT 3.0. I burned "Rise of Nightmares", a XGD3 title, truncated. While playing, it gives me read errors randomly and exits the game. If I retry to play, it plays again fine for a while then it gives another read error after a while.
    I tried googling it but couldn't find direct answers (i think i read about it a while ago that with LT 3.0 i need to use the burn max method to be safe, i'm not sure though). Is this normal given that the disc is truncated? Is my console flagged now?

Appreciate you're help.

2. tozadog

tozadog Member

I have same problem with forza 4!

3. funksoulb

funksoulb Regular member

You need to be burning XGD3 games with a Burner Max burner, then your problems will go away.

4. ktimam

ktimam Member

Aside from the disc read error, is my console currently flagged (given that i didn't connect to xbox live with this disc inserted)?

5. RIARA

RIARA Regular member

You can try checking it with Xval but, it isnt always accurate cause it cant tell if you are flaffed server side. Just google Xval 2.0 and you will get a few download sites.

6. Modking30

Modking30 Regular member

You can't truncate games anymore plus they aren't live safe anyway. Get a liteon drive as suggested by c4 and flash it to imax and you can burn the new games. Or just get an xkey

7. Eisherz

Eisherz Active member

Or just wait about three months. Then those games are so cheap that it really isn't worth copying them anymore.