1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

try this please

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by cw1, May 25, 2003.

1. cw1

cw1 Member

please try to help me, i am new at this but not to slow so....i have recently been introduced to kazaa and have downloaded and watched several films on my pc, the trouble with this is my girlfriend also wants to watch these films but i can do without her standing behind me whilst i am supposed to be hard at work! i want to download the films onto disc so i can watch them on my ps2 indoors but have no idea how, so first things first, i have a cd writer will i also need a dvd writer and if so how much are these roughly and is their no way you can do this without one. Secondly if i dont need a dvd writer then how do i go about doing this with a cd writer, as i said i am not slow at this but this is all new to me and am getting quite addicted! please help me if you can, thanks.

2. MikeBUK

MikeBUK Guest

If the file is not too big you can try using Nero and the VCD option to drag and drop the file then burn onto CD. However it does depend on the file format and size (preferably an mpeg file no more than 699mb). If it's DIVX or AVI you can download software that will convert the file to mpeg. You may find with other file formats that it's impossible without getting really complicated.

3. cpb353

cpb353 Guest

PS2 cannot play VCD's.

If they are MPEG (MPG) files, you might try changing the extention to VOB, then burn them individually to disc and see if they run.

Not sure if they will or wont though...

4. pacman:-)

pacman:-) Member

try converting to MPEG and then cutting the quality down with a prog or sumfin (im still trying to find a decent one at the min) then ur PS2 :S will play them ;)