1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Try to figure this one out someone

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by born1974, Dec 6, 2004.

1. born1974

born1974 Member

Hello, I am a new guy here, but i"ve ripped and burned plenty of dvd's that are encryted with css etc. I now what i'm doing for this most part. Gotta new one to figure out. If someone can tell they succesfully copied MAN ON FIRE. Hat's off. Now i can copy it too but the audio over the video is accually the audio from the extras. kind of like a narration over the entire movie. and no it's not accually the extra itself. the video is fine. the extras and the main movie are just one file no way separate them. i have feeling this some new kind of protection. I have SHRINK , DECRYPTER , NERO , TMPEG, UNLEAD, CSS+REAGION and nothing works. i've tried about 22 times now with diffent methods. HELP!!!!!!!!

2. rroettger

rroettger Regular member

Man on Fire not a problem. Shrink backup, removed all extras, sub titles and all sound but 5.1. Sometime I wonder if some of the extras are not rigged to mess up Shrink. There seems to have been a number of problems trying to backup the entire movie lately.

3. born1974

born1974 Member

I was kind of thinking that myself. It seems that there is one main movie with 2 audio tracks 1 for the movie and one for the extra commentaries. upon copying , it copies the commentary track.I'll try keeping only the 5.1. maybe that's were the real track is. thanx man. I may not have tried that until you answered me.OAO

4. rroettger

rroettger Regular member

I keep the 5.1 because that is what I have on my sys.

5. rroettger

rroettger Regular member

I justed pulled up Man on Fire on Shrink. Even though I removed all the extras they still show up if I re-open the disc (no content just the files). It shows six audio tracks for the main movie AC3 5.1, DTS 5.1, two AC3 2-ch, the french and the spanish. The problem is which AC3 2-ch to pick. Answer is both, one is probably not needed but who knows. Another way would be to try each on a RW disc and see which one works.

6. born1974

born1974 Member

Hurray!!! Man of fire works keeping the 5.1 dts.thanx y'all. But i got new problem. I tried copying mona lisa the same way only i just removed the forien lan. and i get no sound at all. the first time i tried it yesterday i didn't do remove anything and the same thing happend. crazyness. but never say never.I got work to do.see ya

7. rroettger

rroettger Regular member

Unless you have DTS, I would keep the 5.1 AC3. The DTS is a much larger file.