1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Try to open project, Nero crashes

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by angryred, May 9, 2007.

1. angryred

angryred Member

I've been working on editing a video of a play our theatre company produced; I have 2 performances taped, and am splicing them together for best sound quality (outdoor production). I've gotten thru 75% of the project. I got tied up with work for a week, and today came back to finish the project. But lo and behold, when I try to open the .nvc, I get the dreaded "Nerovision.exe has generated errors", it tells me "an error log is being created", and down Nero goes-- but it doesn't give me the option to name and/or save the error log, as it has before with burn errors. I can't find the thing to save my life. Other .nvc files open fine. Somehow in the past week my project got corrupted (despite my barely being near the PC in that time). And since Nero offers no "Save As" among its bright shiny colorful buttons, that was the only copy of the file (Note to self-- go back the damn thing up yourself in file manager).

I'm using Nero Burning ROM 6.6.0.18 and NeroVision 3.1.0.25. Having tested several releases, that combo has provided the most stable/reliable burning for me. Not sure now about the quality of video editing.

My questions are:

1. Where the #$%^&* is this $%^&*($# error log?!?!?

2. Does Nero (fingers x'd) automatically make backups of recent projects for crash protection? If so, where would they be located?

3. Is there any way of fixing this corrupted file, or do I just get to start completely over with joyless abandon?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

2. attar

attar Senior member

Nero 6, I thought the logs were in program files\ahead\
    Nero 7 they are in program files\Nero\
    Since you were saving the videos to the hard drive each time, they are still there with the last modifications and would be usable, could you not continue with a new project or were you saying that the modified videos were corrupt?.

3. angryred

angryred Member

The edited video has not been generated yet. I had gotten halfway through the second act of the play, and had about a half-hour left to do. The videos exist only as the unedited source files; the .nvc is the edited version, with all the cuts (many, many cuts) and titles, waiting to be generated as the final video once all the cuts were made. Generating the video from the cuts laid out in the editor takes some time, much more than would be acceptable at the end of every editing session.

There are no recent error logs in either program files/ahead or program files/ahead/nero, nor in My Documents, which is where all my other error logs have ended up.