1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trying for months!!!!!Who will Know!!!Help!!!!?????

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by 305LIVE, Jan 15, 2007.

1. 305LIVE

305LIVE Member

Alright here goes; I have been using nerovision for years. So i have the newest version.I have never had a problem like this. Even with nero 7. For some reason i cannot add an mp3 file in the background of my menu screen, like i said i always been able to do this. It gives me a error message saying its unable to insert the filepath. I have tried uninstalling nero and reinstalling, i tried diffrent version's. A couple of months ago i upgradded my directx and thats when the problems started. I have the latest version of that too. Another issue im having now is that it will not let me record .mpg files anymore. But i dont know if thats related.

Operating system: microsoft windows xp home Edition(5.1/build 2600
    System Manufac.: MEDIONPC
    System Model: ms-7046
    BIOS: Phoenix-awardBIOS v.600PG
    Processor: IntelPentium Cpu 3.20GHz (2 CPUs)
    Memory: 512MB RAM
    DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

I dont know What Else to do, i like having music on the menu screens of dvd's i make, and this has really bugging me for months...i have about 85gb if music so I dont want to restore my pc to factory settings.
    Like i said i have tried everithing i can think of, so any help is appreciated greatly. Could it be something to do with Hardware acceleration, i tried that route also. Whats going on? Everitime i install nero i get same two problems.

2. Dunker

Dunker Regular member

Well, the latest version of a program isn't always the best ... in fact, it USUALLY isn't anymore.

For now, try reinstalling DirectX 9.0d. Be aware that DirectX 9 added in some DRM crap that DirectX 8 didn't have, so you may have to rollback to the old version, and if you don't have a restore point, that means reinstalling your OS.

Give it a day or two to let someone else come up with and post a less-drastic solution. But be aware that that may be your only alternative.

3. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

You don't have that 85GBs of music backed up? So what happens when your drive takes a dive. You should have everything, not easily replaced, BACKED UP! Then you could reinstall the OS with no sweat.Even if you fix your problem back up your stuff.

4. 305LIVE

305LIVE Member

o.k., update.. i just tried something i did'nt think of before, i tried to insert a wma file and it worked! so what does that mean? i want to use mp3 files.