1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

trying to add more videos, using dvd+rw

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by sanjo, Jan 9, 2005.

1. sanjo

sanjo Member

Being new, I was thrilled to FINALLY burn a video file onto my dvd. However, when I tried to add a second video to the dvd, the error message came up "must use blank media. You can only burn video files to blank media". What?! Isn't that the purpose of using a dvd+rw, so I can add to my dvd? The files I'm using are not big. I'm at a loss! thanks for any advice.

2. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

did you finalize the disc?
    If it plays in your standalones,then its been finalized,and the only thing you can do now,is reformat it.(erase)
    And not knowing what you used to burn, im guessing its been finalized.(most burning apps do that automatically)

Last edited: Jan 9, 2005
  3. sanjo

sanjo Member

I used 1 Click Dvd Copy (trial version). Yes, I do remember at the end saying "finalizing". As I am obviously new at this, I'm not sure what this finalizing means. Does this means once a dvd rw disc has been "finalized" it cannot be added to? How can I add more content to my disc then? Thanks for your advice and patience.

4. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

Most apps have an option to save it,im not familiar with the one you use but, it should have that option.Save your project till your ready to burn.
    A disc has to be finalized for it to play in your dvd player,and yes once its finalized,your done.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2005
  5. sanjo

sanjo Member

So, instead of select the "destination" option as the dvd burner drive, I should create a folder and use that as the "destination". Repeat that will my other videos to that same destination folder. Then when I'm ready to burn all the videos onto the dvd, I can select that particular folder with all it's contents and THEN burn the whole bunch of them to the destination dvd drive. I hope I'm making sense. I will experiment with this further!

6. sanjo

sanjo Member

Update to my latest post-- The "1clickdvdcopy" I'm using only allows me one file to burn. I think that software is just for copying one movie to dvd. I have several small videos I'm trying to combine onto a dvd. I tried Nero, but after selecting the files I want, it ends up freezing up on me. I have Windows 98, any dvd burner software suggestions? thanks again.