1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trying to add music to my ipod but itunes does not recognize the ipod please help

Discussion in 'iPod discussion' started by Nrth16, Jan 21, 2008.

1. Nrth16

Nrth16 Regular member

Hey everyone,

I have a couple of ipods that I would like to add some music too however my itunes will not recognize the ipods any longer due to updates. can someone help me out how to add music to my ipods without erasing the whole ipod!

Thanks

2. irongiant

irongiant Regular member

Hi first if you have newest itunes go on Edit,prefrences and Syncing, the last tab on the right, and put a check on disable autosync for ipods and iphone, that will stop itunes from trying to sync your ipod, then set your ipods to disk mode, by holding the menu and and center button until the apple logo appears then imediately release menu and hold center and play until you see a check on the screen, now your ipod is on disk mode, you can connect to the pc or the mac and itunes will see it, when it showes on itunes click on manually manage my music and videos. and you now can drag songs and videos to your ipod then when you done just click eject my ipod. Good Luck

3. Nrth16

Nrth16 Regular member

Thanks for that info! it worked for one of my ipods. I also have a shuffle which does not have a screen that I use for working out do you know if that one can be done as well?

4. irongiant

irongiant Regular member

I don't have a shuffle so i'm not sure if it will work with that, however heres a link from apple on how to reset the shuffle, try it and see if it works, Good Luck.

Ipod Shuffle Reset

5. Nrth16

Nrth16 Regular member

Do you know if resetting will erase the ipod?

6. irongiant

irongiant Regular member

no it will not erase it, the only way to erase is with itunes.

7. Nrth16

Nrth16 Regular member

Hey everyone I am still having a hard time with my ipods I am trying to add music from my computer to my ipod however since i have updated itunes it wants me to erase the whole ipod.

I have a gen 1 mini and a gen 2 shuffle!!

Please help

8. irongiant

irongiant Regular member

if you have those songs on your computer, you dont have to worry about erasing, them, however if you no longer have acces to those files then you need a third party software to copy the files of the ipods back to the computer.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2008
  9. lover99

lover99 Member

Hello, can you please help me - my bf gave me his ipod cuz he got another one and i wanna keep all of his songs on there plus add my own from windows media player how do i do that??? i dont have itunes or my computer or anythin im an ipod virgin basically please help me how do i put my songs without erasing whats already on his ipod?? please help!