1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trying to back up Anchorman when it is done won't play.

Discussion in 'Video problems with Mac' started by DvdDust, Mar 15, 2005.

1. DvdDust

DvdDust Member

Here is my problem:
    I want to back up Anchorman the uncensored version I rip it from Mactheripper then process it with DVDonex then make a .img with Dvd
    imager, everything goes smoothly then when I put it in my dvd player it will play for two or three seconds then wont do anything. I've ripped it with the macrovision click and with it not on, Can anyone help me please.

2. mediaguru

mediaguru Regular member

I didn't know dvd2onex made disc images. I just hit process and it creates a main folder with a VIDEO_TS folder inside it. Then I use toast to burn. Try that.

3. DvdDust

DvdDust Member

yes I tried that but when I burn it with toast it still wont show up on my dvd player this also happens with home movies I try to burn with toast
    it will burn them fine, but just wont play on my dvd player and it used to work, it will play in my dvd player on my computer but not my home dvd player which it used to work, do I burn it as a UDF? thanks for your response

4. mediaguru

mediaguru Regular member

5. DvdDust

DvdDust Member

Yes I did read the guide and it was very helpful there were many
    things that I didn't know, but my problem is not with the actual
    rip and compression, it is with the burning. Sometimes my toast
    will burn the udf fine but when I put the disc in my player it plays for
    two three seconds then shuts off not even getting to the actual movie just my dvd player screen saver, what is that? Another is with Anchorman I did all of the steps correctly it is just when I put it in my player it won't play, is it maybe because I purchased it from Hollywood Video, I tried De Macro and everything, I want to know why some movies will play and some won't in my player and if there are any bugs or troubleshooting I could try to get Toast to burn better disc? Thank you very much for your time and patience.

6. mediaguru

mediaguru Regular member

Ok sounds to me like you need to try a different brand of media if you are doing everything right. Go down to best buy and buy 3 or 4 singles and try them all. See which ones work the best and use them.