1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trying to backup firmware b4 an upgrade

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by lukezter, Apr 3, 2005.

1. lukezter

lukezter Member

Hello, I have an LG GSA-4163B burner which I would like to flash from v.A100 to V.A103. The prob is I don't trust flashing as I have had bad flashes in the past with MotherBoards but I was able to revert to a previous version from a backup. Is there a way to backup my current burner's version before I flash it?

2. lukezter

lukezter Member

Well, I waited for some1 to possibly give me some advice and being the impatient guy I am, I went and flashed it anyways. I'll now do some burning tests with some DVDs I bought that were incompatible b4. I hope that now I'll be able to use them although I read in other forum that the RitekG05 I bought don't seem to be very much liked by this particular(LG-GSA4163B) drive so only testing will tell. I would still appreciate some advice if it is there to give.

Thanx in advance every1.

3. mybarras

mybarras Member

flashing ur burner should not be a problem but did u try other brands first (dvd-r)if ur using cheap media
    flashing will not help and burners are cheap as chips anyway get urself a pioneer then theirs no looking back good luck

4. lukezter

lukezter Member

Thanx mybarras
    Yeah, I know about the cheap media deal...I'm gonna have to be a little more selective in what I buy in the future...