1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trying to Backup PS2 DVD Game for first time

Discussion in 'PS2' started by lotsafun, Feb 7, 2004.

1. lotsafun

lotsafun Guest

Hello,

I have just brought a Pioneer 106D burner. I have had no problems at all backing up my DVD collection using DVD Shrink 3.1 & then burning them With DVD Clone. whole process is a little slow but untill i find something faster that works i will stay with it. Now the scary part. I just try'd to backup a PS2 DVD Game (THE GETAWAY) using DVD Decrypter. I done everything it told me then when i went to write mode to look for the iso file. The only 1 that came up was MDS so i used that. It seem like the disk ran off ok with no errors. When i put it in my PS2 which is modchipped it say it can't read the disc. (BUGGER) Any help would be greatly appeciated.

2. WEStar

WEStar Active member

how fast did you burn? what media? what mod do you have? have you tried other burning apps?

3. SoCalSRH

SoCalSRH Regular member

Last edited: Sep 6, 2013
  4. lotsafun

lotsafun Guest

Im not sure which chip is installed. I can direct boot CDR games & i use Final Fantasy to boot DVD Games. The speed i burnt at was 1x . the media i use is (Go Tech) DVD-R. I have Nero 6 that came with the burner would that be ok to use.

Cheers, lotsafun

5. lotsafun

lotsafun Guest

I just looked at Nero. Which one do i use to start with. Nero Express or Nero Start Smart

6. Oner

Oner Moderator Staff Member

If you have to use an original DVD game to help boot a backup means you have to make sure the TOC (table of content) is larger than the backup. Also your chip might not be able to boot ALL DVD backups because of newer technology imbedded into the newer DVD titles.

7. lotsafun

lotsafun Guest

I Decided to try Alcohol 120% .. I had to change my file system from FAT32 to NTFS and once i done that i was able to run the game off. When i placed it in the PS2 this time *WOOOHOOOO* she worked. gota love a happy ending. I also try'd a different media, i used TDK. Thanks for the advice gents and keep up the good work. Glad i found the site.

8. tjh10066

tjh10066 Member

Hi Im new at this my granddaughter has scratched her ps2 cd/dvd's I would like to make backup copys. will
    they run with out having to put in a mod chip. if not
    her ps2 is a ver 7 what chip would be a good one
    thanks in advance for any help

9. lotsafun

lotsafun Guest

Hi tjh10066,

Im new to this as well but 1 thing i did find out from all my searching is that u will need a mod chip to run any PS2 backup games. Just thought i would let u know.

Cheers, lotsafun