1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trying to burn GOW2, can't change book type!

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by ryancout, Mar 20, 2007.

1. ryancout

ryancout Member

ok here's my story

i have a magic 3.1 v7 chip in my ps2. i have a dual layer dvd burner beside me and 2 dvd+r DL discs beside me. i rented the game from rogers today, and ripped the image using DVD Decryptor.

Now how do I make this work? I tried burning it straight up, and it didnt work. Then I saw something about using this Toxic patch. I downloaded the thing, and it says to make sure your book type is set to Dvd-r, I found the tab in DVD Decryptor to change it, but in the info box on the right, it still says Book Type: DVD+R DL.

I only have 2 more tries left at this, so I need someone's help to get it right.

PLEASE HELP ME!!!

p.s when i used the Toxic patcher, the patch took like a half second to work, is this right? Also whenever I try to patch that same file again, it says failed. Is this because I already patched it?

Sorry to confuse, but I really wanna play this game. A step by step walkthrough would be great.

, Thanks

2. XbusterZ

XbusterZ Regular member

do this. and then burn it straight up. it will work if done correctly. damn GOWII is popular... and yeah, the patch is quick. it's ok if your not fully using the dl's you have, at least the game works.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2007