1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

trying to convert AC3 to a WAV file

Discussion in 'Audio' started by kevron6, Jan 7, 2005.

1. kevron6

kevron6 Guest

I have extracted the audio out of a concert dvd using dvd decrypter, but I cannot figure out how to use Besweet to convert it to a WAV file to burn on to a cd. I am new at this thing, but have have found these forums helpful in the past. Thanks alot

2. diabolos

diabolos Guest

Did you download the BeSweet GUI along with the command-line exe? BeSweet is a setup nightmare but once its all setup properly it works great. Basiclly the set-up requires you to tell the BeSweet GUI where everything is (even the BeSweet.exe).

After all of that select the output type (the default is LAME "Mp3"). Change it to "Wave-Stereo". The tab that says "AC3 to Wave" should turn green. When you click on it it will either ask you to make some setup changes (if a required program path is missing...) or it will start encoding the AC3 file to Wave.

I don't know why the GUI was built that way, its confussing.
    Ced

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2005
  3. FartDude

FartDude Guest

Try xmpeg or dvd2avi these allow u to extract the audio as a ac3 or wav. Xmpeg allows u too capture audio as a mp3 , these are much easier too use than besweet.

4. DogBomb

DogBomb Regular member

DVD Decrypter will also extract audio out as a wav under stream processing

5. kevron6

kevron6 Guest

Thanks everyone for your help. I was finally able to figure out how to use Besweet. It did a really nice job converting the ac3 file, but you were right it is really confusing. It is really awesome to have people that are willing to help out, thanks alot.

6. windin

windin Member

if you do a lot of ac3 > wav conversions you may find headac3he easier (free)

7. kevron6

kevron6 Guest

Where can I find HeadAC3he at?

8. kevron6

kevron6 Guest

Please disregard previous question. I found the Headac3che program and the azzid one that goes along with it. But now how do I open the rar file. The only way I found to open it was buying a rar program.

9. windin

windin Member

you need a program called winrar to decompress the rar. It's like winzip, not strictly free but it operates free with a few nags

10. shiroh

shiroh Guest

11. Achillies

Achillies Member

Hi kevron6. for future reference you might want to try VirtualDubMod to extract ac3 and convert it to .wav.

The best way to do this is:

- Go to the File menu in VirtualDubMod and select Open video file, then find your AVI file (DIVX XVID etc)

- Once Virtualdubmod finishes opening the file, go to the Streams menu and select "Stream list"

- Now you should see the Available streams window, you then right click the stream at the top of the window and select "full processing mode"

- right click the stream again and select "conversion", then set this so that it converts to 44100

- Finally, click the "save wav button", give the file a name and save it. This file can now be loaded directly into the program lets say TMPGEnc and use it for a vcd conversion.

~Achillies~

12. diabolos

diabolos Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2005