1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trying to Convert to MP3's

Discussion in 'Audio' started by CDAF82, Feb 4, 2007.

1. CDAF82

CDAF82 Member

Hello, I installed ITunes and went through some old mixes and other cd's and imported a huge handfull of cd's. However, I didn't go under Edit-Preferences before hand and now all the files I've imported are not in MP3. I want them in MP3 so I can burn a MP3 disc and play it in my car (yes my deck pays MP3). They are in whatever was the defalt importing file type through Itunes. I want to say it was AAC of AIFF. Right now the files themselves say "NeroMediaPlayer" media files. Is there anyway to convert these back to an MP3? I've downloaded a couple Wave to MP3 converters but they don't recognize these files.

Thanks

Last edited: Feb 4, 2007
  2. CDAF82

CDAF82 Member

I have since downloaded AAC and AIFF converters from download.com and they still don't recognize the format...

3. Platy767

Platy767 Regular member

Just for you to try. I don't know if this will work becasue I'm not at home, so I can't test this, but..
    From within iTunes, make a playlist of the files you want burned to your mp3 CD.

Set up your preferences to burn disc as mp3. Then burn a disc.
    The conversion may be handled transparently for you within iTunes.

Let us know if that works.

4. undine

undine Regular member

5. CDAF82

CDAF82 Member

Tried. It will only burn the MP3 files and give me errors for the non-MP3's and will not burn.

6. CDAF82

CDAF82 Member

Thanks. Looks like it's going to work...

I'm probably being too hopeful in the fact that I'd like to convert them, and then have iTunes automatically recognize it and rename it like the original. Instead of the "track 01" the file is saved as, it would name it to the artist and song title... :(

Last edited: Feb 4, 2007
  7. CDAF82

CDAF82 Member

Incase anyone comes across this problem, I found out that under the Advanced toolbar, there is an option to convert file to MP3 right in iTunes...