1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trying to delete extras with Dvd Shrink but having problems with Re-Authoring

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by MlsBraves, Jan 5, 2004.

1. MlsBraves

MlsBraves Member

I have a dvd I'm trying to backup but when you go to select to play the movie you have the choice of playing either widescreen or fullscreen. Now I want to get rid of the fullscreen and keep everything else. That will make everything fit onto one disc. I was told to delete anything I need to Re-author and drag and drop what I wanted. DVD Shrink wont allow you to drag and drop the folders including the menues, ect. So I just drug everything over one by one except for the fullscreen movie. When I backed it up everthing was in the folder and I assumed that the .ifo file would put the menus back together but I guess I was wrong(The menu's were there but they played like chapters. You had to skip through 20 menu's before the movie would play). How can I just delete what I need from the dvd and keep everything else? I have another dvd as well I want to backup but I need to delete a few trailers to make it fit. I would re-author it but I don't want the menus to be screwed up.

2. Discmania

Discmania Active member

If you just want the movie and nothing else click on re-author then drag the main movie only into the new page. If you re-author, the menus will not work properly so don't bother dragging them over. The only way to keep properly working menus is to backup without re-authoring. You can also delete unwanted subpictures (subtitles) and any extra sound tracks (leave the main top one in) before clicking on backup. Shrink does not change the format of the movie so if it came in widescreen then that's what you'll get.

3. mejane

mejane Member

I think I can help with this. I think you are probably not opening the file. I tried the same way you did. You have to click on the "+" sign next to the main movie on the left column, you can then drag the drop down main titles over.

I found this guide very helpful.

www.chrismccann.co.uk/dvd_shrink.htm

jane

4. malum

malum Regular member

click on the + sign in main movie (as noted above) select the title set for the fullscreen version and press delete.

5. dan111

dan111 Member

when i press re author..nothing happens..new screen comes up..but nothing appears in title section..can anyone help?

6. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Hi Dan,
    I answered your question in your new thread, Remember, nothing will appear in the Re-author window untill you drag it in.
    Frank