1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trying to downgrade 2.71 to 1.50...Won't work..

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by EvanOz85, Sep 10, 2007.

1. EvanOz85

EvanOz85 Member

I have a PSP with firmware version 2.71, and I've downloaded the 2.71 downgrader (Hen D package or whatever). I did as the instructions said, and copied the files into the right directories.

However, when I select the image file in the menu, the sceen goes blue for about 10 seconds, then the system shuts off. No change of colors or anything. Starts right back up as if nothing had happened. I've tried many times, and downloaded the Hen D from several different sources.

Any ideas what could be causing this? Any other way to do this?

Thanks

2. EvanOz85

EvanOz85 Member

Ok disregard the previous part. I downloaded "2.71 Downdater Easy" which is apparently newer. However, it still will not work. Whenever I get to the Photo part, the PSP just freezes. This is really driving me nuts! Anyone got a clue??

3. EvanOz85

EvanOz85 Member

NEVERMIND!

Got it working.

I sure wish there was an edit/delete post option.

4. GHOST686

GHOST686 Regular member

good to hear.....

Just remember it pays to do your homework :p

5. sicdude

sicdude Regular member

look in the top right hand corner of each of your posts there should be a small image looking like a pen and paper thats the edit button

6. GHOST686

GHOST686 Regular member

but do not forget just because your know the answer to you problem, that does not mean you should go and erase your question! because if you do erase or edit your question, then this thread will not help anyone that that much or at all.... you know what i mean...

Last edited: Sep 11, 2007
  7. sicdude

sicdude Regular member

yeah good point there may be other ppl having the same problem so you could helps others by saying how you got it work

8. BurnCK

BurnCK Regular member

There is no special method to getting it working. 2.71 is just a pain in the ass to do. Ive done several downgrades from 2.71 in the past and it can take up to 20 attempts to get it working (i.e Red screen). You just have to keep trying Im afraid and eventually it will work ! :)

9. GHOST686

GHOST686 Regular member

do you happen to know any one that has the pandora battery?
    have you tried the 2.71 downgrader? if not then let me know i can upload the file for you.