1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trying to figure out what is wrong with this TV set.

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by c2sellit1, Feb 2, 2005.

1. c2sellit1

c2sellit1 Regular member

Ok I have an hd set that is way out of wack, I plan on taking it to a shop shortly but looking for any valuable information I can get.

When I turn on the television it will sound as if it is powering on and then their will be sound but no picture.

I know it's vague but it is a fairly new set (Zenith c27v22)

Anyone know what the possible problem is? I dont want to get scammed going into a repair shop.

2. We need to know about what cable your using to connect to the tv . Lets just say your using a dvd player you might have the cords red white and yellow or maybe green blue and red, blue and red? a black one? Make sure your connections are right or try new bying A/V jacks. I can`t really guess to many possibilities so could you tell us?

3. c2sellit1

c2sellit1 Regular member

It's not the connections their is no picture at all, if you turn it on it would display what connection you are on like "dvd" "video1" their isnt any picture at all.

I use to be able to smack it and it would come back on but you cant even do that now.

4. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

possible solder connection or connector problem

5. c2sellit1

c2sellit1 Regular member

Is that a pretty pricey thing?

6. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

depends on how small & hard to find. if that & nothing else should be less than $100 or there abouts