1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question Trying to find an 'easy' way to play a burned ps1 game. Looking for ideas.

Discussion in 'PS2 - CD backup discussion' started by Grey_Lady333, Nov 30, 2016.

1. Grey_Lady333

Grey_Lady333 Newbie

Hi all!

So as the topic states, I'm trying to learn something new. Typically I use emulators on a computer to play games, and don't bother with burning discs and the like. However, I am trying to make a gift for my brother, who is very much anti-PC, and prefers to keep it simple in a 'put disc in and play' kind of guy. To make this even more challenging, the games I'm trying to get to work are patched versions of the ps1 games Suikogaiden 1 and 2, as they do not have English versions. He adores the series, and I'd like to find a way to let him play this now that there is an English patch. Still, his unwillingness to play it on a PC is driving me nuts, and forcing me to research for a solution.

Which leads me here.

Honestly, the more I look into this, the less likely it seems I can get anything to work. I've been toying with the idea of modding systems as I have an old fat ps2, but that would likely run into issues with media / security checks. I'm now debating buying a modded ps1 off ebay, but I'm worried even I shell out the cash for that it might not work for a patched game. Before I start throwing money around, I wanted to ask for other ideas/opinions/suggestions/etc to see if it's worth the money, or if there's another trick I ought to try instead.

I know it's a long shot, but I won't know until I try and all that. Thanks for reading!

2. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

You'll get better hits in the link below.Copy/paste then post over there,it's dedicated to consoles if your wondering

http://www.theisozone.com/