1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

trying to find equipment to use

Discussion in 'PS2' started by derrickc, Jan 29, 2004.

1. derrickc

derrickc Member

2. derrickc

derrickc Member

or do you recommend tdk,pioneer or sonyand why.

3. aXidburn

aXidburn Guest

get the memorex dual x format dvd burner. i have it and i have been making backups and it works great, and it does all formats and it really good for everything else u wanna burn (and its cheap)
    or just wait a while and buy a multi layer dvd burner

4. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

why not go for the plextor?... they offer the 8x burner already.... and philips already making 8x dvd+r... or you can wait till pioneer makes the a07/107... with the dvdram support and the 8x dvd-r and 8x dvd+r...

5. derrickc

derrickc Member

so i need a 8x burner

6. Cyclonick

Cyclonick Member

hey.. I've never seen anyone talk about hp dvd writers... why?? I got one for christmas.. It may be expensive... but damn it's so good.. I backup my games in 20-40 minutes and they all work fine. Is it just because of the cost of the writer that I see no one talk about it?

7. aXidburn

aXidburn Guest

they dont even make the 8x media yet, and you are suppost to burn ps2 games at 1x ok if u do at 2.4x but it u did it at 8x the game may skip. its not worth the extra money

8. derrickc

derrickc Member

9. zerogod

zerogod Member

i got a hp dvd writer 300i.. got it at future shop one day only sale for $99 Can. works perfect.. only writes Dvd+r/rw... but by the looks of it, + is gonna come out on top of the format wars... and the ps2 plays them fine... even the 50001's play the +rw's no problem...

10. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

if the ps2 can read 4x it will read 8x... it's not a matter of how much the burner cost... is it's a matter how good it is... sometimes the burner is crap and cost alot...

11. aXidburn

aXidburn Guest

wait u mean some ps2 can not play a disk burnt at 4x. also if u were to burn a game at 8x wouldnt it skip alot and stuff

12. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

sice theres no one who make 8x dvd's i cant prove my piont... BUT that dont mean i cant prove that ps2 read 4x.... my OLDER ps2 was 30004 it DID read 1x 2x AND 4x... i did 3 backups on 4x... it was gta3... the getaway... and FFX... they ALL run nice no skips no nothing for 2 years.. they run quite good the ps2 didnt complain...

now i got me 39004... it STILL read 4x dvd-rs no skips no nothing... i admit SOME games dont run at 4x and DO skip... BUT... most of them run quite good... same as the original...

13. aXidburn

aXidburn Guest

i will just backup mine at a slow speed cuz i am in no hurry. the reason i asked that is because i know some one who has a ps2 i am not surr which version but i know its v4 and up and it didnt play +r only -r could it be that some of the higher version can only play - ?

14. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

well from what i know v1-v4 can read dvd-r... the v4R-v10 can read dvd-/+r and the dvd-/+rw..

15. aXidburn

aXidburn Guest

whats the differnce between the v4 and v4r and why did they make it v4r and not v5 and continue from there

16. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

the v4 had some problems like DRE after few months os dead laser after 8 months.... so they came up with v4R.. that was fixed not to have any of the v4 problems... they also had v5R...

v1 v2 v3 v4 v4R v5 v5R v6 v7 v8 v9 v10 quite a collection dont you think?..

17. derrickc

derrickc Member

the burner that i have recognize every little scratch and finger print and when i try to copy i get not enough space on blank media.any suggestions.but i dont get any message when i copy to hard drive about scatches or finger prints