1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

trying to find the right dvd rom

Discussion in 'PS2 - CD backup discussion' started by AnThOnEe, Jan 5, 2005.

1. AnThOnEe

AnThOnEe Guest

i was wondering which would be the best dvd rom or cd rom that would let me read ps2 games i put my ps2 game in and nothing happens. i go to my computer to see if theres a cd in the drive and it says inster disc..or do i need some type of program can any1 help me thanks

2. 420ninja

420ninja Member

most ps2 games are in DVD format. in order for your pc to read ps2 "DVD" discs, you need a DVD player installed in your pc. do u have a DVD player on your pc?

3. 420ninja

420ninja Member

if not, any dvd player will work. also, if u have a dvd burner, u can use that to read from, because it serves as a player too. you just wouldn't be able to burn disc to disc. you would have to read to hard drive first, swap original for a blank disc and then burn from the hard drive.

4. AnThOnEe

AnThOnEe Guest

yea i do have a dvdrom but when i put the ps2 to game into it nothing happens i click on the dvdrom drive and it says insert disc could it be because i have an old dvd rom i got it like when they 1st came out ..

5. AnThOnEe

AnThOnEe Guest

ive been just trying to figure out how to get my pc to read the cd im all go after that..just cant figure it out and im on a low budget just want to make sure i need to get another dvdrom b4 i buy it

6. jonjakjam

jonjakjam Regular member