1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

trying to get my game working please help me :(

Discussion in 'Windows - Games' started by chrisInch, Jun 16, 2007.

1. chrisInch

chrisInch Member

I downloaded a game off the internet and tried to burn it on to a cd but i cant get the name of the cd right so when i try to play it and it asks for the game cd i put it in but it doesnt recognize it does anyone know how to find out what the name of the cd is suppose to be any help would be greatly appretiated

2. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

Please re-read your question, when it dawns on you that no one can figure out what you are asking, please edit your question to be legible.
    How about we name it Bob? If you call it Hilary, it won't work and will really screw up your system.
    What is the name of the game you pirated?
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2487

3. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

Case: Discussion about pirated content and piracy, such as converting (downloaded) video and/or audio files to DVD/AudioCD/whatever format. PERMITTED

Case: Discussion about copy protection circumvention in general (extracting encrypted content, such as DVD movies, compact discs, copy protected console and computer software, using existing software). PERMITTED

4. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

My bad. Thought he was referring to a no CD type of Crack.

5. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

blivetNC, don't count on it as i'm not certain as not enough info posted so made a judgement.

6. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

No prob, most of the newer games require either a no CD crack installed to run or an original CD in a drive for verification purposes. I've learned this the hard way trying to back up CR-ROM games for my kids, they seem to break and scratch several disks per year, so I've resorted to letting them destroy the back-ups and keeping the originals out of their reach for now. Just wish the software companies would offer a cheap replacement policy for scratched/damaged disks. Sorry to drift off topic.
    Back on topic, which game are you trying to get working? what is the published name, and also the name of the .iso file or the .bin .cue file you are trying to burn? Some games look for CD-R media being present and will not run unless the presence of the CD-R is masked (Clone CD works for this). Or, you need to find something which I can't mention here which is designed to allow the game to be played without a CD in the drive..again it is dependant upon the game and the update version of the game itself to work properly. I hope that this helps a little.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2007