1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trying to get PCEP v0.7 (PCEngine/TG16 emulator) to work on my 3.52 M33-4

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Homebrew software' started by Xonos83, Oct 30, 2007.

1. Xonos83

Xonos83 Member

Hello again!

Another newbie question.

I downloaded the TG16/PCEngine emulator PCEP v0.7, and I'm just wondering if anyone has used it, and might be able to help me. I'm on 3.52 M33-4 as some of you are already aware (I plan on changing my sig to show specs soon).

Now when I d/led this app, when I extracted it, there were only the EBOOT file and a readme.txt, which is in Japanese it appears. I was expecting to have 2 directories (which I thought would be folders PCEP07 and PCEP07%) to put in the game150 folder. Anyway, I'm stumped on what to do with this file and how to make it work. I put it in a folder in both game150 and game352, and the XMB brought up the icon, but it just said the file was corrupt. I tried changing the kernel mode back and forth from 3.52 to 1.50, but nothing happened.

As always, any assistance is by far appreciated!!!

2. Cybertick

Cybertick Guest

try to kxploit the eboot with the kxploiting tool

3. Xonos83

Xonos83 Member

I tried exactly what you said. When I got to the step of converting the PBP file onto the PSP memory stick, it gave me an error message saying "error when turning file. Verifies that PBP is correct" which I'm assuming is a message saying that I don't need to use the kxploit, and the PBP is fine. However I still have the same problem when I try to run it on the PSP. (still only one directory)

Any other suggestions? Thanks so much!!!

4. Xonos83

Xonos83 Member

Sorry for the double thread, but I'm a little stumped on how to get this working. I read the KXPloit tutorial in depth, and it tells you a way to do it all yourself instead of hitting "generate files" and having it all done automatically. It involves extracting the eboot file, renaming DATA.PSP to EBOOT.PBP and putting it in the % folder (thus making the second folder for the emulator). I'm a little bit afraid of bricking, so I thought I would ask if that is in fact the way to do it, and if it's safe. What do you guys think?

Thanks!!!