1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trying to play DivX with PS3 YDL ... need some help

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by Snoopy12, Sep 1, 2007.

1. Snoopy12

Snoopy12 Member

FINALY i have finished installing YDL for the PS3. To my dismay I am not able to watch Videos on Stage6 because it reqires DivX! Ive searched for a solution but unable to find any. I have no clue how to use Linux OS
    -I dun get the CODE thing
    -i dun get... basicaly im a noob.

Please provide me with detailed explinations on how to install plugins to YDL so I am able to watch videos that reqiure DivX
    PS. I dunno how to work Mplayer, VLC, or the "code mumbo jumbo" Please teach me.

Would it be possible for you to give me your email account so we can chat VIA msn messenger.

2. NinReznor

NinReznor Regular member

unfortunately you will have to do a lot of reading to learn to use Linux
    and since you want to Xvid codecs go here, read and learn:

http://tictech2.blogspot.com/2007/01/installing-vlc-on-ps3-running-yellowdog.html

this will show you how to install yumex a program kind of like the synaptics package manager in ubuntu. in yumex you can install Xvid codecs and other appliations like vlc.

or you could try this open a terminal/shell and type "sudo apt-get install vlc" without qoutations. it may not work, i run ubuntu on my ps3 so im not sure what kind of shell configuration ydl uses.

also go here

http://www.linux.org/lessons/

learn linux the easy way. by reading.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2007
  3. ooZEROoo

ooZEROoo Regular member

It's a pain to learn but its a great operating system once you get the hang of it. Reznor is right I had to do a lot of reading.