1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trying to rip I'Robot with DVD shrink

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by hottrodd1, Jan 1, 2005.

1. hottrodd1

hottrodd1 Member

Hello everyone

First of all I would like to wish all a Happy New Year, next I am having a problem ripping I'Robot with DVD Shrink. the message I get is...DVD shrink encountered an error and cannot continue. Copy protection error, the request could not be performed because of an I/O device error. Can someone please explain what message means and how can I get around it. Thanks for your help

2. BranM

BranM Member

Hi mate,

Your getting this message because its an encrypted disk and shrink will not encode it while its encrypted. You need a program like anydvd or dvd region+css free to run with shrink to decrypt the dvd.

3. hogan

hogan Regular member

Sounds like a dirty disc to me. Check the back of the disc. Make sure it has no deep scratches or is dirty. Clean the disc with a soft cloth if necessary.

4. WiteWizrd

WiteWizrd Regular member

ok im actually watching my backup of that movie right now...lol.

use dvddecrypter to decrypt all the files and i personaly use IFOedit to edit all the other non movie files out...but that part is optional. but then dvdshrink will be able to read the files and you will not get that message.

let me know if that works for you...

have a good one,
    Juztin

5. Hallywood

Hallywood Regular member

hottrod,
    I just backed up I Robot the other day with Shrink so I would guess the disc is dirty or scratched as
    was mentioned by hogan. Did you try it with Decrypter?
    Good Luck and Happy New Year.
    HW.